Calibrate Monitors or Not?

You will not regret your decision, Phil and Karen. Please carry out the steps to confirm the level of brightness even if you have to have a sample image printed by a friend in case you do not do any printing. The sample images should not be adjusted, just printed and compared to the screen image under proper lighting.
Hi Cemal,

The analogy we used is that it’s like we’ve only just bought a tuner for our expensive guitars and thought - ‘ahhh… so that’s what an A actually sounds like’.

We will definitely aim to complete the entire process (we need to tune the other 5 strings!). Slow, but steady, from here. The calibration device turned up quite late, so we only had time for a quick look - and we have a bunch of ‘life stuff’ to sort out over the next few days - but we have access to printers and there will be plenty of re-editing and reviewing in the days ahead.

Hopefully the benefits will become apparent as the new edits start to get posted. I may post a comparison before/ after too.

Once again, thank you for giving us the (gentle) guidance and push we needed. :)

P&K

Last edited:

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back