Following
Name
Tim
City/State
Shropshire
CC Welcome
  1. Yes
What the heck is InstaView?

InstaView has been designed to help make viewing images posted into the forums here much easier. As traditionally with forums you need to go digging into threads to view images, which means that many amazing images might only ever receive a few views.

InstaView also allows you to filter images based on categories such as landscape, wildlife, macro etc..

You can also select to only show images from members that you are following. However, if you are not following many members, then you won't see many images when using this filter.

InstaView works together with the Media Gallery. If you post an image directly into the Media Gallery and it's shared as public then it will also appear on InstaView.

Also if you add images to posts in any of the genre specific forums such as landscape, wildlife, people portraits etc., then these images are mirrored into the Media Gallery and will now also appear on InstaView.

If you don't want your forum images to appear on InstaView then you just need to check the box under your account preferences that says: "If checked, images uploaded to the forums will not appear in the Media Gallery or InstaView".

There's also an option to disable mirroring to the Media Gallery and InstaView for individual posts, as sometimes you might post an image such as a camera or accessory that really doesn't belong on InstaView.

The camera specific forums like the R5 and R6 forum are not setup to mirror images into the Gallery and InstaView. This is because many images uploaded here will probably consist of cameras, menus, accessories and other similar images that we'd rather not be displayed on InstaView. We may look at the possibility of having one image thread that is mirrored, but currently that's not possible without development work.

InstaView is still a work in progress. With the next update we hope to add some speed improvements and display EXIF underneath the images (this is visible now when the images are clicked on). We are also looking at the possibility of filtering by camera and lens model, although according to our developer this is a little more tricky.

Please drop any feedback you may have on InstaView below.

Thanks!

I haven’t heard of Instaview before although it seems a good idea
Is there an image size limit that can be uploaded to the Forum via instaview or does it resize it itself
Maybe an idea if there was a post regarding how best to process images to upload to the site

• Admin
I haven’t heard of Instaview before although it seems a good idea
Is there an image size limit that can be uploaded to the Forum via instaview or does it resize it itself
Maybe an idea if there was a post regarding how best to process images to upload to the site
You haven't heard of it because it hasn't existed till now ;) Although I think it's pretty clear where the name has been inspired from. An uploading guide is next on my list. But basically if you upload images as attachments in the forums then the maximum size supported is 2048px at the longest edge (same as Facebook). If you are a Pro Member (you have been upgraded for posting 5x) and upload direct to the Media Gallery then the maximum size is 4000px. Anything over this will just be resized.

First of all thanks for the upgrade. The images posted so far look very good quality after uploading.

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back