PKM-UK

Veteran Member
Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Name
Phil Moore
We hope you have fun making wonderful images this month - and year!

Stay safe and well…

Phil and Karen 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿

----

Any R System images (stills or movies) can be posted. If you would like to say something about them in terms of the subject, settings, or post-processing, that will be very welcome.

Remember, you don't have to only post things you took this month - sometimes people don't get around to processing/ editing images straight after shooting them. (Think of it more as an ‘images I’d like to post here this month’ thing). Images taken with non-R System lenses are also very welcome - this adds to the interest and diversity.

Images posted here will also be available to view in a dedicated Monthly R System Images Galley, which can be found Here.

Commenting on other people’s posts is encouraged, as it keeps everyone interested and coming back. (Please aim to be considerate, thoughtful and constructive).

We’ll aim to provide some feedback too - but please note we are away for part of each month and busy with ‘life stuff’. The lack of a comment from us is not a sign of disfavour!

Finally, please post in accordance with the RF Shooters Community Guidelines.

Thank you!

Images from our recent(ish) visit to Hanbury Hall, Worcestershire, England.

(Shot raw and processed using: DxO PhotoLab Elite/ ViewPoint and Adobe Lightroom Classic/ Photoshop with TK-9 Panels).

You can find out more about Hanbury Hall by clicking Here.

Phil and Karen

1. From the Norman Conquest onwards, the Hanbury Estate was within the boundaries of the Royal Forest of Feckenham. The Vernon family, one of the most prominent families in Worcestershire, began building the hall in 1701.

RF-S-Hn-1.jpg
  • Canon EOS R5
  • RF16mm F2.8 STM
  • 16.0 mm
  • ƒ/6.3
  • 1/640 sec
  • ISO 100

2. Thomas Vernon amassed a fortune as an eminent Chancery barrister for 40 years, as well as becoming Whig MP for Worcester in 1715. He married Mary Keck in 1680 but they had no children, so the estate was passed to his cousin, Bowater Vernon.

RF-S-Hn-2.jpg
  • Canon EOS R5
  • RF16mm F2.8 STM
  • 16.0 mm
  • ƒ/5
  • 1/500 sec
  • ISO 1000

3. Thomas’ legacy at the hall included the wall and ceiling paintings that he commissioned Sir James Thornhill to create. These depict the story of Achilles and, having been recently restored, are Hanbury's crowning glory.

RF-S-Hn-3.jpg
  • Canon EOS R5
  • RF16mm F2.8 STM
  • 16.0 mm
  • ƒ/4
  • 1/200 sec
  • ISO 3200

4. Emma Vernon inherited Hanbury in 1771 at the age of 16, using her fortune to alter the sitting room and drawing room.

RF-S-Hn-4.jpg
  • Canon EOS R5
  • RF16mm F2.8 STM
  • 16.0 mm
  • ƒ/4
  • 1/160 sec
  • ISO 640

5. Lady Georgina Vernon and Sir Harry Foley Vernon took great interest in the care of other people, opening The Mount as a convalescent home for soldiers injured in the Boer War in 1900, and both become involved in the Red Cross.

RF-S-Hn-5.jpg
  • Canon EOS R5
  • RF16mm F2.8 STM
  • 16.0 mm
  • ƒ/4
  • 1/160 sec
  • ISO 3200

6. The original garden at Hanbury Hall was designed in 1705 by George London, the most celebrated garden designer of his time, creating gardens for royalty and nobility at Chatsworth, Hampton Court and Kensington Palace.

RF-S-Hn-6.jpg
  • Canon EOS R7
  • EF16-35mm f/4L IS USM
  • 16.0 mm
  • ƒ/6.3
  • 1/1250 sec
  • ISO 250

(Sources: The National Trust, Wikipedia)

Last edited:
Fishing boats flying their Tairyō-bata on New Year's Day, hoping for big catches in 2024.
fb1.jpg
  • Canon EOS R6m2
  • RF14-35mm F4 L IS USM
  • 27.0 mm
  • ƒ/11
  • 1/400 sec
  • ISO 800
fb2.jpg
  • Canon EOS R6m2
  • RF14-35mm F4 L IS USM
  • 21.0 mm
  • ƒ/11
  • 1/640 sec
  • ISO 400

We hope you have fun making wonderful images this month - and year!

Stay safe and well…

Phil and Karen 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿

----

Any R System images (stills or movies) can be posted. If you would like to say something about them in terms of the subject, settings, or post-processing, that will be very welcome.

Remember, you don't have to only post things you took this month - sometimes people don't get around to processing/ editing images straight after shooting them. (Think of it more as an ‘images I’d like to post here this month’ thing). Images taken with non-R System lenses are also very welcome - this adds to the interest and diversity.

Images posted here will also be available to view in a dedicated Monthly R System Images Galley, which can be found Here.

Commenting on other people’s posts is encouraged, as it keeps everyone interested and coming back. (Please aim to be considerate, thoughtful and constructive).

We’ll aim to provide some feedback too - but please note we are away for part of each month and busy with ‘life stuff’. The lack of a comment from us is not a sign of disfavour!

Finally, please post in accordance with the RF Shooters Community Guidelines.

Thank you!
Hi Everyone... My first day in the forum... I'm a professional photographer, educator, traveler, author, consultant and Pappy (grand father)... It's nice to be in this community and I look forward to learning and sharing. 2023 marked my 50th year in the photography business so I've come a long way through A2D (analog to digital)... Studied fashion photography in college and now even though I'll never retire, I am semi retired after traveling the world as a photographer and educator. My primary camera today is the R5 and half my lenses are RF and the other half are EL... I'm currently at the airport leaving for 35 days (30 day cruise starting in Sydney where my wife and I will be giving lectures on creative media fundamentals...) so not sure how many R5 images are on my computer but over the next few weeks there will be plenty... Cheers... Eddie

You'll believe a boy can fly...

Pool24-2.jpg
  • Canon EOS R6
  • RF70-200mm F4 L IS USM
  • 70.0 mm
  • ƒ/4
  • 1/1000 sec
  • ISO 125

Happy new year!

Hi Everyone... My first day in the forum... I'm a professional photographer, educator, traveler, author, consultant and Pappy (grand father)... It's nice to be in this community and I look forward to learning and sharing. 2023 marked my 50th year in the photography business so I've come a long way through A2D (analog to digital)... Studied fashion photography in college and now even though I'll never retire, I am semi retired after traveling the world as a photographer and educator. My primary camera today is the R5 and half my lenses are RF and the other half are EL... I'm currently at the airport leaving for 35 days (30 day cruise starting in Sydney where my wife and I will be giving lectures on creative media fundamentals...) so not sure how many R5 images are on my computer but over the next few weeks there will be plenty... Cheers... Eddie
Hi Eddie,

Welcome to Canon RF Shooters - and the Monthly Your R System Images thread!

We look forward to seeing your images. In the meantime - enjoy your cruise... :)

Phil and Karen

Looks like a thrilling opening - plenty of energy and joy on show here - we trust there was also a happy ending... :)
There was...
Pool24-1-2.jpg
  • Canon EOS R6
  • RF70-200mm F4 L IS USM
  • 70.0 mm
  • ƒ/5.6
  • 1/1000 sec
  • ISO 100

They've headed home today. House is silent... Either blessed peace, or quietly sad. Or both!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back