• ISO 1250

moonrisecompositecropv4SM.jpg
  • Canon EOS R5
  • EF100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS II USM
  • 241.0 mm
  • ƒ/8
  • 1/500 sec
  • ISO 1250

Sunday February 25, 2024 night skies were clear making capturing the moonrise over the DC Monuments possible. Here are two blended image from a Manassas Warrenton Camera Club Meetup I organized taken from the Carilion Bell Tower area next to the Iwo Jima Memorial in Arlington Virginia. The second image was taken as the moon was just over the tip of the Washington Monument and because the moon rose around 7:10 the skies were quite dark. The first blended composite image shows 3 stages of the moon rise on this night. These images were created by combining layers of the moon captured with a shorter exposure and faster shutter speed with a longer exposure and a smaller F stop to give lights a starburst effect, create light trails of cars and lighter monuments. I also decided to clone out some work fences and a trailer in front of the Lincoln Memorial.

View attachment 25860

View attachment 25861

Sunday February 25, 2024 night skies were clear making capturing the moonrise over the DC Monuments possible. Here are two blended image from a Manassas Warrenton Camera Club Meetup I organized taken from the Carilion Bell Tower area next to the Iwo Jima Memorial in Arlington Virginia. The second image was taken as the moon was just over the tip of the Washington Monument and because the moon rose around 7:10 the skies were quite dark. The first blended composite image shows 3 stages of the moon rise on this night. These images were created by combining layers of the moon captured with a shorter exposure and faster shutter speed with a longer exposure and a smaller F stop to give lights a starburst effect, create light trails of cars and lighter monuments. I also decided to clone out some work fences and a trailer in front of the Lincoln Memorial.
Hi Art,

Mind-blowingly sublime images - wonderful work and an absolute joy to behold.

(We simply wouldn't know where to start - or finish - creating something like this).

Well done indeed - and thank you for sharing... :)

P&K

Hi RW,

For some reason ducks always bring a smile to our faces and these here are no exception - wonderful warm colours in image #1 and a pair of little cuties (with splendid eye-catch-light) in image #2.

Well caught and thank you for sharing... :)

P&K
Thank you for the kind words P&K.

Our final images for this month are (yet again) from an unremittingly soggy Hartshill Country Park, Warwickshire, England.

(Shot raw and processed with: DxO PhotoLab Elite, Adobe Lightroom Classic/ Photoshop with Tony Kuyper TK9 Panels and Topaz Labs Photo AI/ Sharpen AI).

Phil and Karen

1. Got one...

RF-S-WB1.jpg
  • Canon EOS R5
  • RF100-500mm F4.5-7.1 L IS USM
  • 500.0 mm
  • ƒ/7.1
  • 1/800 sec
  • ISO 8000

2. Hello bright eyes...

RF-S-WB2.jpg
  • Canon EOS R5
  • 500.0 mm
  • ƒ/7.1
  • 1/800 sec
  • ISO 6400

3. Go on, you know you want to...

RF-S-WB3.jpg
  • Canon EOS R5
  • 500.0 mm
  • ƒ/7.1
  • 1/800 sec
  • ISO 6400

4. Hang on - it's the sun!

RF-S-WB4.jpg
  • Canon EOS R5
  • 400.0 mm
  • ƒ/6.3
  • 1/2500 sec
  • ISO 1250

5. Don't forget to look sideways...

RF-S-WB5.jpg
  • Canon EOS R5
  • 500.0 mm
  • ƒ/7.1
  • 1/800 sec
  • ISO 12800

6. Happiness is...

RF-S-WB6.jpg
  • Canon EOS R5
  • 451.0 mm
  • ƒ/7.1
  • 1/800 sec
  • ISO 2500

Last edited:
Due to the abysmally bad weather here in Derbyshire over the last few months, I have confined myself to shooting from my office window. I have various perches set up near the feeders. It has worked pretty well. A few images from the winter months.

View attachment 25612
The ever watchful Starling

View attachment 25613 NuthatchView attachment 25614
One of a pair of feisty Robins
These are wonderful!! You must have incredibly clean windows. Those are great perches!

Two recent images from a photoshoot I went to lately.

2024_02_08_SBCC_CabinFever-10183-Edit1080.jpg
  • Canon EOS R5
  • RF100mm F2.8 L MACRO IS USM
  • 100.0 mm
  • ƒ/2.8
  • 1/80 sec
  • ISO 1600
2024_02_21_RWBotanical Gardens-10015-Edit1080.jpg
  • Canon EOS R5
  • RF100mm F2.8 L MACRO IS USM
  • 100.0 mm
  • ƒ/14
  • 1/80 sec
  • ISO 1600

Two recent images from a photoshoot I went to lately.

View attachment 25882View attachment 25883
Hi Hali,

Two wonderful images. Captivating compositions, perfectly complimented by the treatments.

An imaginative and artistic approach which delights the viewer - these are right up our alley!

Well done - and thank you for sharing... :)

P&K

*** Your R System Images - February 2024 *** Thread Closed…

A terrific collection of inspirational R System images this month - posted by people all around the world and viewed by people all around the world - we’ve enjoyed seeing them all. A HUGE ‘thank you’ to the contributors and commentators - your talents and time are appreciated!!

You can continue to post any comments here, but the March thread is now open for all new images (including any additional February material).

Phil and Karen 🏴

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back