Your R System Images - February 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi David,

Two terrific captures of a most striking, colourful and beautiful creature.

(More so given the challenges imposed by the positioning and lighting).

Well done - and thank you for sharing... :)

P&K
Thank you.

~Spotted on a nearby local lake.
_73A6695-Recovered.jpg
  • Canon EOS R5
  • RF100-500mm F4.5-7.1 L IS USM
  • 500.0 mm
  • ƒ/7.1
  • 1/1000 sec
  • ISO 2000

~Spotted on a nearby local lake. View attachment 25789
Hi Nick,

A fantastic capture of a beautiful creature!

Terrific lighting in evidence, which perfectly highlights the dramatic pose and feather detail - and brings warmth to the complimentary, creamy reflections.

Well seen and very well caught - thank you for sharing... :)

P&K

Brighton West Pier, or what's left of it. Shot for a local camera club competition gave me an opportunity to play with a LE and an ND1000 filter on a pretty awful day; I'll be back for a sunset one at some point.

Brighton West Pier.jpg
  • Canon EOS R7
  • RF-S18-150mm F3.5-6.3 IS STM
  • 24.0 mm
  • ƒ/11
  • 30 sec
  • ISO 100

Another LE for the same competition, snapped inside a dilapidated bothy by Glen Creran in Scotland. This photo didn't fare as well, but I preferred it more. The cans of Mckewan's look a bit out of date and I wouldn't try and put any weight on that chair either!

Glen Creran Bothy LS6.jpg
  • Canon EOS R7
  • RF-S18-150mm F3.5-6.3 IS STM
  • 18.0 mm
  • ƒ/14
  • 30 sec
  • ISO 100

Brighton West Pier, or what's left of it. Shot for a local camera club competition gave me an opportunity to play with a LE and an ND1000 filter on a pretty awful day; I'll be back for a sunset one at some point.

View attachment 25796
Hi Brucey,

An absolutely sublime capture! Well worth your efforts - hopefully you got your due rewards?

(We think this shot would also work well with a B&W treatment).

A similar composition, but featuring sunrise/ sunset (or perhaps a creatively colour-popped re-edit of this shot?) should be worth aiming for. (Good luck!).

In the meantime, well done here - and thank you for sharing... :)

P&K

Another LE for the same competition, snapped inside a dilapidated bothy by Glen Creran in Scotland. This photo didn't fare as well, but I preferred it more. The cans of Mckewan's look a bit out of date and I wouldn't try and put any weight on that chair either!

View attachment 25798
Hi Brucey,

And another excellent image - well seen and very well caught.

(We could envisage this shot featuring an alternative re-edit in B&W, but with the red chair/ reflection - and maybe the beer cans - remaining in colour).

Inspirational work - thank you for sharing... :)

P&K

View from Minninglow, Derbyshire.View attachment 25806
Hi Nick,

Two very dramatic high key/ high contrast B&W treatments which perfectly pop these 3D-esque landscape shots (terrific skies and - incredibly - no rain).

Great work - and thank you for sharing... :)

P&K

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back