PKM-UK

Veteran Member
Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Name
Phil Moore
We hope you enjoy creating memorable images this month!

Stay safe and well…

Phil and Karen 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿

——

Any R System images (stills or movies) can be posted. If you would like to say something about them in terms of the subject, settings, or post-processing, that will be very welcome.

Remember, you don't have to only post things you took this month - sometimes people don't get around to processing/ editing images straight after shooting them. (Think of it more as an ‘images I’d like to post here this month’ thing). Images taken with non-R System lenses are also very welcome - this adds to the interest and diversity.

Images posted here will also be available to view in a dedicated Monthly R System Images Gallery, which can be found Here.

Commenting on other people’s posts is encouraged, as it keeps everyone interested and coming back. (Please aim to be considerate, thoughtful and constructive).

We’ll aim to provide some feedback too - but please note we are away for part of each month and busy with ‘life stuff’. The lack of a comment from us is not a sign of disfavour!

Finally, please post in accordance with the RF Shooters Community Guidelines.

Thank you!

Last edited:
Images from recent visits (in February) to Chester Zoo, Cheshire, England. (Ignore the exif data, these images are a mix of R7 - Karen and R5 - Phil).

(Shot raw and processed using: DxO PhotoLab Elite, Adobe Lightroom Classic/ Photoshop with Tony Kuyper TK-9 Panels and Topaz Labs Photo AI).

Phil and Karen

1. H-e-l-l-o...

RF-S-CZ1-1.jpg
  • Canon EOS R5
  • RF100-500mm F4.5-7.1 L IS USM
  • 200.0 mm
  • ƒ/7.1
  • 1/640 sec
  • ISO 3200

2. A delicate state of balance...

RF-S-CZ1-2.jpg
  • Canon EOS R7
  • 200.0 mm
  • ƒ/7.1
  • 1/250 sec
  • ISO 6400

3. What a bunch of little cuties...

RF-S-CZ1-3.jpg
  • Canon EOS R7
  • 363.0 mm
  • ƒ/6.3
  • 1/200 sec
  • ISO 6400

4. Ooo-errr...

RF-S-CZ1-4.jpg
  • Canon EOS R5
  • 500.0 mm
  • ƒ/9
  • 1/200 sec
  • ISO 12800

5. We can see you...

RF-S-CZ1-5.jpg
  • Canon EOS R5
  • 300.0 mm
  • ƒ/7.1
  • 1/1000 sec
  • ISO 5000

6. What can you see...

RF-S-CZ1-6.jpg
  • Canon EOS R7
  • 300.0 mm
  • ƒ/8
  • 1/125 sec
  • ISO 6400

The last of the waders - a blend of 2 photos, 1 LE as I liked the milky look of the water in the foreground. Wading birds won't hang around for 30 seconds and I preferred the sky of an image exposed for far less time.

Taken at RSPB Pagham harbour, West Sussex - lovely place for a wander.

Pagham Harbour Sunset EBPT1-2.jpg

The last of the waders - a blend of 2 photos, 1 LE as I liked the milky look of the water in the foreground. Wading birds won't hang around for 30 seconds and I preferred the sky of an image exposed for far less time.

Taken at RSPB Pagham harbour, West Sussex - lovely place for a wander.

View attachment 25933
Hi Brucey,

A beautiful scene, very well caught and perfectly presented.

The combination of pastel colours, half-light, dreamy blur/ stark silhouettes are spot on.

(The seamless post-processing definitely adds to the effect).

Well done all-round - and thank you for sharing... :)

P&K

We visited the Douro Valley in Portugal. They say wine has been cultivated here for thousands of years. We stayed in Lamego and drove to Pinhao. Beautiful vineyard landscaping aloing the drive to Pinhoa where we got on a river cruise to a small town called Tua.

Miles and miles of this on both sides of the Douro river. Pictures can't describe it. There was no heavy equipment back then. Hard to believe what people accomplished in that type of terrain.

It winter so the vines are not green. I can't imagine the summer.

_M3A5058.jpg
  • Canon EOS R6m2
  • RF24-105mm F4 L IS USM
  • 105.0 mm
  • ƒ/9
  • 1/1000 sec
  • ISO 500

_M3A5074.jpg
  • Canon EOS R6m2
  • RF24-105mm F4 L IS USM
  • 105.0 mm
  • ƒ/9
  • 1/1000 sec
  • ISO 500
_M3A5077.jpg
  • Canon EOS R6m2
  • RF24-105mm F4 L IS USM
  • 105.0 mm
  • ƒ/9
  • 1/1000 sec
  • ISO 800

Coimbra, Portugal which is about 1 ½ hrs south of Porto. J.K Rowling lived in Porto when she unknown. This is the University of Coimbra where she got her inspiration for Harry Potter and Hogwarts. The students were in their capes getting photographed.

_M3A5135-2.jpg
  • Canon EOS R6m2
  • RF24-105mm F4 L IS USM
  • 39.0 mm
  • ƒ/6.3
  • 1/1000 sec
  • ISO 100

Last edited:
Nazare, Portugal. This is our view from the Miramar Sol Hotel. This is where Garrett McNamara stayed and they nicknamed his room The McNamara Room. We weren't in it. The point to the right is The Forte de São Miguel, also known as the Fort of Nazaré, where the spotters stood to look out for the surfers. On the other side is the North beach where all the action takes place.

It was so windy there was no surfing that day. The waves were about 30 footers and we've never seen anything like it. Typically this time of year it's slow. November is the hot month. There was so much salt spray it looked like fog. It was all over us and we could taste it and it burned my eyes at one point. I just took some shots and videos with my iPhone.

We were there on Sunday, Feb 25 and we missed this by one day.

https://www.surfertoday.com/surfing/depression-louis-triggers-historic-xxl-swell-in-nazare

The shot was taken on Monday when we were leaving.

_M3A4983.jpg
  • Canon EOS R6m2
  • RF24-105mm F4 L IS USM
  • 70.0 mm
  • ƒ/5.6
  • 1/800 sec
  • ISO 125

We visited the Douro Valley in Portugal. They say wine has been cultivated here for thousands of years. We stayed in Lamego and drove to Pinhao. Beautiful vineyard landscaping aloing the drive to Pinhoa where we got on a river cruise to a small town called Tua.

Miles and miles of this on both sides of the Douro river. Pictures can't describe it. There was no heavy equipment back then. Hard to believe what people accomplished in that type of terrain.

It winter so the vines are not green. I can't imagine the summer.

View attachment 25942

View attachment 25940View attachment 25941
Hi Only RF,

Wonderful landscapes - expansive and full of interest for the viewer, with terrific detail and clarity.

(For those of us stuck in the UK, the lack of rain and mud will evoke some fond memories... :cool: ).

Thank you for sharing... :)

P&K

Coimbra, Portugal which is about 1 ½ hrs south of Porto. J.K Rowling lived in Porto when she unknown. This is the University of Coimbra where she got her inspiration for Harry Potter and Hogwarts. The students were in their capes getting photographed.

View attachment 25949
Hi Only RF,

That's certainly a neat image - great control of the perspective - and quite a name drop... :)

P&K

Nazare, Portugal. This is our view from the Miramar Sol Hotel. This is where Garrett McNamara stayed and they nicknamed his room The McNamara Room. We weren't in it. The point to the right is The Forte de São Miguel, also known as the Fort of Nazaré, where the spotters stood to look out for the surfers. On the other side is the North beach where all the action takes place.

It was so windy there was no surfing that day. The waves were about 30 footers and we've never seen anything like it. Typically this time of year it's slow. November is the hot month. There was so much salt spray it looked like fog. It was all over us and we could taste it and it burned my eyes at one point. I just took some shots and videos with my iPhone.

We were there on Sunday, Feb 25 and we missed this by one day.

https://www.surfertoday.com/surfing/depression-louis-triggers-historic-xxl-swell-in-nazare

The shot was taken on Monday when we were leaving.

View attachment 25951
Hi Only RF,

The sea still looks quite animated - the 'big waves' day looks to have been something else.

(Given the salt spray situation, you were well advised to resort the iPhone).

P&K

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back