Your R System Images - February 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nick's posts reminded me of something I was meaning to upload. Some rice terraces up in the mountains on a cold day.
trp.jpg
  • Canon EOS R6m2
  • RF14-35mm F4 L IS USM
  • 14.0 mm
  • ƒ/11
  • 1/100 sec
  • ISO 500

Nick's posts reminded me of something I was meaning to upload. Some rice terraces up in the mountains on a cold day.View attachment 25808
Hi David,

Unsurprisingly, similar feedback - great use of high key/ contrast B&W to produce a very striking image.

(Great use of leading lines to guide the viewer through the fascinating scenery).

Thank you for sharing... :)

P&K

Hi Nick,

Two very dramatic high key/ high contrast B&W treatments which perfectly pop these 3D-esque landscape shots (terrific skies and - incredibly - no rain).

Great work - and thank you for sharing... :)

P&K
Thanks Phil, It was actually nice shooting at low ISO without worrying too much, the lack of light these last couple of months has been thoroughly depressing, It seems to be always be a nice day when I'm at work. The R5 becomes a totally different beast when the light is good.

Thanks Phil, It was actually nice shooting at low ISO without worrying too much, the lack of light these last couple of months has been thoroughly depressing, It seems to be always be a nice day when I'm at work. The R5 becomes a totally different beast when the light is good.
Hi Nick,

We feel your pain - it always seems to be a nice day when we're somewhere else... 😂 😂 😂

P&K

Hi David,

Unsurprisingly, similar feedback - great use of high key/ contrast B&W to produce a very striking image.

(Great use of leading lines to guide the viewer through the fascinating scenery).

P&K
Thank you.

Hi Brucey,

An absolutely sublime capture! Well worth your efforts - hopefully you got your due rewards?

(We think this shot would also work well with a B&W treatment).

A similar composition, but featuring sunrise/ sunset (or perhaps a creatively colour-popped re-edit of this shot?) should be worth aiming for. (Good luck!).

In the meantime, well done here - and thank you for sharing... :)

P&K
Hi,

Many thanks, it was a rough old day and unusually for Brighton sea front I was the only one daft enough to be on the beach taking photos.

I did try B&W out on a similar photo with a slightly different composition but plumped for the washed out look, with the the grim looking sea colour too. The theme of the competition was dilapidation and I was looking to convey atmosphere.

It came 2nd, so not bad at all.

Ian

My 15 year old granddaughter finally got her braces off after wearing them for 4 years! She asked me to take some portraits of her and her new smile! I set up some lights in my garage/workshop and after shooting there we stopped at a local park. It was overcast so very nice for outdoor portraits.

Great set. I particularly like the b&w in the middle - looks beautifully natural.

Caught this yesterday: a black kite chasing off an osprey (I think the osprey was a little too close to the kite's nest).
bkosp.jpg
  • Canon EOS R6m2
  • RF100-500mm F4.5-7.1 L IS USM + EXTENDER RF1.4x
  • 700.0 mm
  • ƒ/10
  • 1/4000 sec
  • ISO 1250

Hi,

Many thanks, it was a rough old day and unusually for Brighton sea front I was the only one daft enough to be on the beach taking photos.

I did try B&W out on a similar photo with a slightly different composition but plumped for the washed out look, with the the grim looking sea colour too. The theme of the competition was dilapidation and I was looking to convey atmosphere.

It came 2nd, so not bad at all.

Ian
Hi Brucey,

2nd! Excellent - well done indeed... :)

P&K

Caught this yesterday: a black kite chasing off an osprey (I think the osprey was a little too close to the kite's nest).View attachment 25846
Hi David,

Real drama in the skies evidenced here - well seen and very well caught!

(It appears that 'exiting stage right' is a rather good move for the osprey).

P&K

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back