Your R System Images - November 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
A few photos from this month:
View attachment 22614
A house finch with sunlit fallen leaves as a high key backdrop.

View attachment 22615
Another house finch, oblivious to the titmouse who is about to force him off the branch

View attachment 22616
Punk rocker dove: A mourning dove whose new feathers after molting are not finished growing in

View attachment 22617One of the last fall foliage photos for this year: a queen maple leaf with a nice colored background provided by a sister tree in our front yard. These were essentially the only trees that still had leaves

View attachment 22618
A male eastern bluebird who nicely posed for me
Hi Don,

A terrific set of images showcasing nature at its finest. Terrific detail in evidence throughout, but the final image is our favourite (what a little cutie!).

Thank you for sharing... :)

P&K

Hi David,

A simple, but enticing, composition that draws the viewer in (and makes them want to reach out and take a refreshing sip) - cheers! :)

P&K
Thanks. Unfortunately (or fortunately, depending on how one looks at it), I was enticed to take too many sips that night. Thank Canon for great IBIS.

The final fall color photos for the year and some birds I picked up along the way.

A silhouetted pine tree in front of Beaver Pond in New Hampshire.
View attachment 21594

Route 114 near Beaver Pond is a colorful drive
View attachment 21595

The Kancamagus Highway in New Hampshire also provides a nice, colorful drive. In this photo I was able to frame the setting moon over the road
View attachment 21596

Mount Willard and Mount Jackson provide a striking background for Willey Pond in Crawford Notch State Park in New Hampshire
View attachment 21597

I took this photo of Beaver Brook Falls in Colebrook, New Hampshire at dusk with a 20 sec exposure, which gave smooth water but still captured some nice color
View attachment 21598

A couple more long exposure waterfall photos: Upper Screw Auger Falls in Grafton, Maine and the Lower Huntington Cascade in Dixville, New Hampshire
View attachment 21599
View attachment 21600

A common loon on First Connecticut Lake in Pittsburg, New Hampshire. This is a very cropped shot that I was able to get with the loon fairly far out on the water. I was not expecting loons (it is a busy picnic area and a very large lake) but initially this bird surfaced 20 feet in from of me as I just got there. I wasn't ready with my R7 and RF100-400 lens :mad: so I had to settle for a longer range photo once it dove and resurfaced
View attachment 21602

A turkey vulture soaring over the Massachusetts Audubon Pleasant Valley Wildlife Sanctuary
View attachment 21601

I captured this black-capped chickadee in our backyard, finally past the esthetically difficult molting period where every day is a bad hair day
View attachment 21603

Finally a blue jay portrait taken using the R7 and RF800 mm lens at an effective 1280 mm. I'm still amazed how well this combination works
View attachment 21604
Fantastic colors and sharpness! I have an EF 24-105L and hope I can get shots as beautiful as these with it on my R7 next fall. I’m also impressed with your birds with the RF 800 f/11. I wondered if this lens could get sharp shots, and you have certainly proven that It can.

Taken with my R6 Mk2. Our first lake effect snow storm of the year. I thought the cars driving by as the kids played outside were cool subjects.
IMG_6074.jpg
  • Canon EOS R6m2
  • EF16-35mm f/2.8L II USM
  • 34.0 mm
  • ƒ/2.8
  • 1/160 sec
  • ISO 2500
IMG_6075.jpg
  • Canon EOS R6m2
  • EF16-35mm f/2.8L II USM
  • 34.0 mm
  • ƒ/2.8
  • 1/160 sec
  • ISO 2500

*** Your R System Images - November 2023 *** Thread Closed…

A wonderful collection of inspirational R System images this month - posted by people all around the world and viewed by people all around the world - we’ve really enjoyed seeing them all. A HUGE ‘thank you’ to the contributors and commentators - your talents and time are appreciated!!

You can continue to post any comments here, but the December thread is now open for all new images (including any additional November material).

Phil and Karen 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back