Your R System Images - January 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wonderful set of photos, love the robins
Hi Don,

Cheers - much appreciated!

During the winter time we generally develop a symbiotic relationship with the local bird population - seed for photos!

(It feels good to spread a little cheer).

P&K

A few photos from the last (very hectic) 1-2 months, starting with a half moon and full moon photo, taken with 1280 mm effective focal length with the R7 and 800 mm f/11.
View attachment 24272

View attachment 24273

This female white-breasted nuthatch is showing display behavior trying to project dominance. To be honest, these birds do this a lot and I don't think the other birds pay attention...😁
View attachment 24274

I captured this nice black-capped chickadee chilling out in the trees
View attachment 24275

A winter plumage American goldfinch in B&W
View attachment 24276

This pretty female eastern bluebird visited our feeder for a snack
View attachment 24277

The birds at the feeder were very concerned by a pair of red-tailed hawks circling high above our yard (one shown below), but were thrown into a tizzy by an attacking Cooper's hawk that crested over our house with the low winter sun behind, swooping suddenly down to the feeders. The Cooper's didn't catch anything and flew on, and I didn't get a photo of it
View attachment 24278
Hi Don,

A terrific set of images - two simply stunning moon shots and a collection of wonderful bird shots (the eastern bluebird - just - being our favourite).

Thank you for sharing - keep up the great work! :)

P&K

By way of contrast, She Who Must Be Obeyed has discovered an enthusiasm for little succulents in pots around the house and back garden. This flower recently appeared on the front verandah. Image is a focus stack of 10 exposures, processed in Photoshop 24, tweaked in LRC.

View attachment 24235
Hi Gareth,

What a truly delightful shot - fascinating detail and wonderful colours that draw the viewer in for a closer look - well worth all your (considerable) efforts.

Well done indeed and thank you for sharing! :)

P&K

Backyard Cat-Bird Watching
5U1A2856.jpg
  • Canon EOS R5
  • RF70-200mm F4 L IS USM
  • 96.0 mm
  • ƒ/4.5
  • 1/500 sec
  • ISO 250

We're back after a pleasant weekend away in 'Frank', which included a couple of fun visits to Chester Zoo (a few images to follow in a little bit!).

In the meantime, some more recent-ish shots from our local woods (Hartshill Country Park, Warwickshire, England).

(Shot raw and processed using: DxO PhotoLab Elite, Adobe Lightroom Classic/ Photoshop and Topaz Labs Photo AI).

Phil and Karen

1. H-e-l-l-o...

RF-S-B1.jpg
  • Canon EOS R5
  • RF100-500mm F4.5-7.1 L IS USM
  • 324.0 mm
  • ƒ/8
  • 1/500 sec
  • ISO 12800

2. Good morning sunshine...

RF-S-B2.jpg
  • Canon EOS R5
  • 200.0 mm
  • ƒ/7.1
  • 1/320 sec
  • ISO 3200

3. Hold it right there...

RF-S-B3.jpg
  • Canon EOS R5
  • 500.0 mm
  • ƒ/7.1
  • 1/320 sec
  • ISO 2500

4. Sorry, we're running bit late...

RF-S-B4.jpg
  • Canon EOS R5
  • 500.0 mm
  • ƒ/7.1
  • 1/320 sec
  • ISO 2500

5. Yes, it's us...

RF-S-B5.jpg
  • Canon EOS R5
  • 500.0 mm
  • ƒ/7.1
  • 1/3200 sec
  • ISO 12800

6. What a little cutie...

RF-S-B6.jpg
  • Canon EOS R5
  • 451.0 mm
  • ƒ/7.1
  • 1/500 sec
  • ISO 10000

Hi James,

Looks like your cat has a keen eye - as do you for a great shot (and what a beautiful visitor)!

Thank you for sharing... :)

P&K
Thank you. I couldn't resist the shot.

We're back after a pleasant weekend away in 'Frank', which included a couple of fun visits to Chester Zoo (a few images to follow in a little bit!).

In the meantime, some more recent-ish shots from our local woods (Hartshill Country Park, Warwickshire, England).

(Shot raw and processed using: DxO PhotoLab Elite, Adobe Lightroom Classic/ Photoshop and Topaz Labs Photo AI).

Phil and Karen

1. H-e-l-l-o...

View attachment 24307

2. Good morning sunshine...

View attachment 24308

3. Hold it right there...

View attachment 24309

4. Sorry, we're running bit late...

View attachment 24310

5. Yes, it's us...

View attachment 24311

6. What a little cutie...

View attachment 24312
Love the smiling squirrel!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back