Your R System Images - March 2024

A female meadow bunting (ホオジロ hoojiro) doing it's best to look regal.
fmb.jpg
  • Canon EOS R6m2
  • RF100-500mm F4.5-7.1 L IS USM + EXTENDER RF1.4x
  • 700.0 mm
  • ƒ/10
  • 1/800 sec
  • ISO 320

That's an interesting effect with the water trails--I've never thought to do that. You do need a bird willing to remain still.

That's an interesting effect with the water trails--I've never thought to do that. You do need a bird willing to remain still.
lucky only had 2 frames where the bird moved its head slightly, the rest are all sharp.

Another rainy day in paradise
This rather sorry looking Blackbird, braving yet more Derbyshire rain.
Deliberate shot at low shutter to capture the water trails, the IS working well.
View attachment 26939
Hi Nick,

Well, we suspect most of us Brits will be able to empathise to a fair degree with this stoic and resolute creature.

The UK Winter Drench-Fest aside, an interesting capture - nailed on/ well isolated subject with the rain traces adding texture and interest for the viewer.

Well seen - and thank you for sharing... :)

P&K

A female meadow bunting (ホオジロ hoojiro) doing it's best to look regal.View attachment 26943
Hi David,

Very well seen (this beautiful creature is sporting some rather effective camouflage!) and nicely captured too given the dynamic range in evidence here.

Thank you for sharing... :)

P&K

Our final set of images for this month - all captured at Chester Zoo, Chester, England. (The compilations are again a mixture of R7 - Karen and R5 - Phil).

A trip to North Wales in Frank awaits (and yes, the weather forecast is looking dreadful) so we won't be able provide any further feedback after tomorrow.

(Shot raw and processed using: DxO PhotoLab Elite/ Nik Collection, Adobe LrC/ PS with Tony Kuyper TK-9 Panels and Topaz Labs Photo AI).

Phil and Karen

1. You humans really are quite fascinating...

RF-S-CZ3-1.jpg
  • Canon EOS R5
  • RF100-500mm F4.5-7.1 L IS USM
  • 500.0 mm
  • ƒ/7.1
  • 1/1000 sec
  • ISO 4000

2. Hang on, something's looking a bit fishy here...

RF-S-CZ3-2.jpg
  • Canon EOS R5
  • 186.0 mm
  • ƒ/5.6
  • 1/800 sec
  • ISO 12800

3. Yes, we know you're not really tetchy...

RF-S-CZ3-3.jpg
  • Canon EOS R7
  • 151.0 mm
  • ƒ/7.1
  • 1/500 sec
  • ISO 6400

4. Hold it right there...

RF-S-CZ3-4.jpg
  • Canon EOS R7
  • 343.0 mm
  • ƒ/6.3
  • 1/1250 sec
  • ISO 6400

5. What a pair of little cuties...

RF-S-CZ3-5.jpg
  • Canon EOS R5
  • 100.0 mm
  • ƒ/10
  • 1/400 sec
  • ISO 12800

6. Tiger Club - Just catching some rays, chilling out...

RF-S-CZ3-7.jpg
  • Canon EOS R5
  • 343.0 mm
  • ƒ/7.1
  • 1/800 sec
  • ISO 320

Last edited:
Our final set of images for this month - all captured at Chester Zoo, Chester, England. (The compilations are again a mixture of R7 - Karen and R5 - Phil).

A trip to North Wales in Frank awaits (and yes, the weather forecast is looking dreadful) so we won't be able provide any further feedback after tomorrow.

(Shot raw and processed using: DxO PhotoLab Elite/ Nik Collection, Adobe LrC/ PS with Tony Kuyper TK-9 Panels and Topaz Labs Photo AI).

Phil and Karen

1. You humans really are quite fascinating...

View attachment 26949

2. Hang on, something's looking a bit fishy here...

View attachment 26950

3. Yes, we know you're not really tetchy...

View attachment 26951

4. Hold it right there...

View attachment 26952

5. What a pair of little cuties...

View attachment 26953

6. Tiger Club - Just catching some rays, chilling out...

View attachment 26954
Some interesting captures, the Chimpanzee is lovely and the Tiger lazing in the sun fab. The 100-500 is such a versatile lens,

Some interesting captures, the Chimpanzee is lovely and the Tiger lazing in the sun fab. The 100-500 is such a versatile lens,
Hi Nick,

Cheers - much appreciated!

We're members at Chester Zoo and it's one of our regular haunts - particularly so during winter as there's always something to see and do.

(Our RF 100-500's are generally glued to our cameras when we're there - though we have other lenses we really should get round to trying).

P&K

We actually had a sunny day last week, the late afternoon light coming through Cherry blossom made for a nice spring backdrop. View attachment 26961
Hi NIck,

Well controlled shot given the back lighting - which is rather beautiful in its own right. (And what a little cutie!).

Thank you for sharing... :)

P&K

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back