Your R System Images - March 2024

Bar-tailed Godwit in Flight …

View attachment 26860

Bar-tailed Godwit : Limosa lapponica

A female Bar-tailed Godwit takes flight.

In my opinion there are far too few photos of this species that explain how it gains its common name! Most of all, I like seeing the wonderful structure and shape of godwits' wings.

… David

• electronic shutter
  • ~20 frames/second
  • manual aperture & speed; auto ISO
  • (And this time I had the R5 saving images as raw files!)

Hi David,

A wonderful creature with fascinating and astonishing plumage, beautifully presented and captured (no small task!).

Well done - and thank you for sharing... :)

P&K

Blue Tit portrait, late afternoon sunshine hit our lounge window and threw reflected light back into the bird.
Almost like I have used flash, having the ability to move the perches around helps. View attachment 26862
Hi Nick,

A terrific capture of a wonderful (and generally incredibly nervous/ fast moving) creature - the lighting is superb, popping the fine feather detail and eye.

Thank you for sharing... :)

P&K

Ika sashimi from the other night.View attachment 26891
Hi David,

A very well caught (literally!) dish - excellent control of the lighting and depth of field.

Karen would definitely be up for this, but I may have to go for a burger instead... 😅

Phil

Wonderful set of shots, Folks. The first photo is a manicurist's deepest nightmare, love the details and colors of the frogs, and our younger daughter (who loves the color orange and tigers) appreciated the last photo, where you captured their gazes perfectly. Although I think they are gazing at their next potential meal...
Hi Don,

Thank you for those very kind words - appreciated! - Karen did really well to keep a steady hand with both of those tigers taking aim... :)

Phil

Hi David,

A very well caught (literally!) dish - excellent control of the lighting and depth of field.

Karen would definitely be up for this, but I may have to go for a burger instead... 😅

Phil
Thanks. Yeah, not for everyone. Especially the part where you squeeze lemon on the tentacles and they flail about a bit.

Japan's national bird, the Japanese green pheasant (キジ kiji), hiding in the brush.
jgp.jpg
  • Canon EOS R6m2
  • RF100-500mm F4.5-7.1 L IS USM + EXTENDER RF1.4x
  • 700.0 mm
  • ƒ/10
  • 1/500 sec
  • ISO 5000

Japan's national bird, the Japanese green pheasant (キジ kiji), hiding in the brush.View attachment 26929
Hi David,

Well spotted and caught (amid the tangle of flora).

Definite overall similarity with our UK variants, but unusual to see such colouration (for us!).

P&K

Another rainy day in paradise
This rather sorry looking Blackbird, braving yet more Derbyshire rain.
Deliberate shot at low shutter to capture the water trails, the IS working well.
_73A9266-Enhanced-NR.jpg
  • Canon EOS R5
  • RF100-500mm F4.5-7.1 L IS USM
  • 428.0 mm
  • ƒ/11
  • 1/60 sec
  • ISO 1600

Hi David,

Well spotted and caught (amid the tangle of flora).

Definite overall similarity with our UK variants, but unusual to see such colouration (for us!).

P&K
Thanks.

Another rainy day in paradise
This rather sorry looking Blackbird, braving yet more Derbyshire rain.
Deliberate shot at low shutter to capture the water trails, the IS working well.
View attachment 26939
That's an interesting effect with the water trails--I've never thought to do that. You do need a bird willing to remain still.

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back