Your R System Images - January 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like the new lens performs well.

View attachment 23785

View attachment 23786

Hi all I haven't posted much on the forum as lifes been a bit hectic recently. I managed to get out yesterday with my new toy the RF 200 - 800mm and my R6II, for once in what seems ages the sun decided to come out . These are full frame shots without cropping and no post processing Chimpy.

The swan shot was f9. 1/2500th sec, ISO 640 @ 800mm

The shell duck was f11. 1/2500th sec, ISO 2000 @ 539mm.
Hi Ron,

Two excellent images to showcase your new tech (and talents!) - that's certainly an intriguing lens (I must remember not to mention it to Karen... :LOL: ).

Looks like you've got yourself a winning combination there - great OOC shots of beautiful creatures - looking forward to seeing more of your results.

Thank you for posting... :)

Phil

(PS. This 'sun' thing you mention sounds very interesting too - I'll keep an eye out for that!).

Hi Ron,

Two excellent images to showcase your new tech (and talents!) - that's certainly an intriguing lens (I must remember not to mention it to Karen... :LOL: ).

Looks like you've got yourself a winning combination there - great OOC shots of beautiful creatures - looking forward to seeing more of your results.

Thank you for posting... :)

Phil

(PS. This 'sun' thing you mention sounds very interesting too - I'll keep an eye out for that!).
Cheers Phil, it nice to hear I've still got it 😀 it is indeed a great bit of kit, I'm sure if you grovel and beg enough Karen will let you buy a new lens 😂 fingers crossed 🤞

Apparently Phil, the big yellow ball in the sky does occasionally come out to play 🤔 not as often as I would like 😂😂

Cheers Phil, it nice to hear I've still got it 😀 it is indeed a great bit of kit, I'm sure if you grovel and beg enough Karen will let you buy a new lens 😂 fingers crossed 🤞

Apparently Phil, the big yellow ball in the sky does occasionally come out to play 🤔 not as often as I would like 😂😂
Hi Ron,

Actually, Karen is the zoom freak so I need to keep her calm when we talk about such matters - not the other way round... 😂😂😂

Also - breaking news - we have clear skies and sun!!

(But also therefore - frost... :rolleyes:).

Phil

My wife told me to run an errand today, and I took the long way home just to catch the storm clouds east of Sacramento, CA. For some reason I feel like I shouldn't like this photo of a box, but I really do like it. My college creative writing instructor told me to delete any paragraphs that I liked too much. Does the same rule apply to photography?

2024_01_09_154132.jpeg
  • Canon EOS R6
  • RF24-105mm F4 L IS USM
  • 24.0 mm
  • ƒ/16
  • 1/100 sec
  • ISO 250

My wife told me to run an errand today, and I took the long way home just to catch the storm clouds east of Sacramento, CA. For some reason I feel like I shouldn't like this photo of a box, but I really do like it. My college creative writing instructor told me to delete any paragraphs that I liked too much. Does the same rule apply to photography?

View attachment 23799
Hi Steven

An interesting slant - 'delete things you like too much'. (We can think of a few instances through history where that concept would have gone spectacularly badly - perhaps your creative writing instructor should consider applying the principle to their own pet theory?... 😂😂😂 ).

Anyway, we're pleased you kept that idea separate from your photography and went with your instinct - we really like this too!

Plenty here to attract and fascinate the viewer - and the B&W treatment is spot on. Thank you for (keeping and) sharing... :)

P&K

Last edited:
We've had a lot of rain and cloudy days so it was nice to get out just to see if any birds were along the riverbank near my home. A pair of mottled ducks, a brown pelican and a blue heron. I wasn't really prepared for when the pelican decided to fly but managed to grab one quick shot; a challenge with the 800 f/11 on my R7.

2024-005-004 winter birds-Edit.jpg
  • Canon EOS R7
  • RF800mm F11 IS STM
  • 800.0 mm
  • ƒ/11
  • 1/3200 sec
  • ISO 2500
2024-005-006 winter birds-Enhanced-NR.jpg
  • Canon EOS R7
  • RF800mm F11 IS STM
  • 800.0 mm
  • ƒ/11
  • 1/3200 sec
  • ISO 8000
2024-005-017 winter birds.jpg
  • Canon EOS R7
  • RF800mm F11 IS STM
  • 800.0 mm
  • ƒ/11
  • 1/3200 sec
  • ISO 12800
2024-005-025 winter birds-2.jpg
  • Canon EOS R7
  • RF800mm F11 IS STM
  • 800.0 mm
  • ƒ/11
  • 1/3200 sec
  • ISO 5000

70-200 RF 2.8, EOS R6 MK2
Hi Jeff,

That's terrific action shot in what must have been very demanding conditions - speed-noise balance in low light/ artificial lighting (and not forgetting actually tracking/ focusing on the fast moving subject!).

Thank you for sharing... :)

P&K

We've had a lot of rain and cloudy days so it was nice to get out just to see if any birds were along the riverbank near my home. A pair of mottled ducks, a brown pelican and a blue heron. I wasn't really prepared for when the pelican decided to fly but managed to grab one quick shot; a challenge with the 800 f/11 on my R7.

View attachment 23808View attachment 23809View attachment 23810View attachment 23811
Hi Chris,

A terrific set of shots to showcase your tech (and talents!). Finding/ tracking the subject (particularly with sudden movements) must be a real challenge with the R7 and RF800mm combo (@ 1280mm) so respect is due. We can also empathise with 'a lot of rain' (though it's now turned cold/ frosty... :rolleyes:).

Thank you for sharing... :)

P&K

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back