Can the Sort by order in Filters be sticky?

davidl111

Newcomer
Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Name
David Luery
City/State
Tucson, AZ
CC Welcome
  1. Yes
I like to look at messages sorted by First Message / Descending, but that setting is not sticky. Or am I missing something?

Hi David. Sorry I somehow missed this post. Are you referring to Personal Messages which are called conversation here or posts within a forum thread? Conversations are always listed with the newest on top and thread posts are listed by chronological order. Unfortunately for thread posts there's no option sort by newest first but there is a "Jump to Latest" button that will take you to the newest posts.

Screenshot 2023-05-01 at 08.43.41.jpg

Hi,

I was referring to the posts within a forum thread. I like to scan threads chronologically based on then the first message in the thread was posted, rather than when the latest message was posted.

You can't sort by it, but the original post date and time appear under the title to the left of the thread, so while it's sorted by latest you can see how old the thread is.

I was referring to the posts within a forum thread. I like to scan threads chronologically based on then the first message in the thread was posted, rather than when the latest message was posted.
Unfortunately it's not possible to reverse the post order so that the newest appear first. I have looked into this before as I thought it could be useful for some threads but it's not possible out of the box with the forum software being used here and although there is an add-on available to add this it doesn't allow users to change the order, it needs to be set and fixed for a forum which isn't ideal. But I'll add this to my list of features that would be nice to have and see if I can get anything done about it.

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back