Canadian Rockies Road Trip (December 8, 2022)

Nice images. When we were there in September our visibility was limited by smoke from the Jasper Fire.
Thanks Ed and hear you on the fires . Beautiful area for landscape photos, but not so nice with all of the forest fires recently.

Yes, I don't want to hijack your thread, but we still managed to get some nice images. Lightroom Dehaze was my friend. In any case you have beautiful images showing the majesty of the winter season in a wonderful area.

"Hope it works for you, but since I don’t know what lens you use, be careful. My lenses are the USM L Series (weather resistant) with Canon specs stating “Weather-resistant seals at lens mount, switches, zoom ring, focus ring, and Control Ring”. I cannot say the same for the STM lenses. So, play safe and take a rain cover (snow cover) should your lenses be STM version. Side note: Watched a YouTube video one day where the professional photographer took his USM L series lenses, and R5, out to photograph countryside, while it was snowing. No rain cover, gear hit with wet snow and he wasn’t worried at all. Not sure if I would do the same. Would I attempt that? Not yet! Always pack my rain cover."

When we were in Churchill Manitoba photographing Polar Bear the weather was very cold. We put our gear in plastic bags before we brought them inside and let them gradually warm up to try to avoid condensation - or we just left them in the car and charged our batteries inside. Must have worked. None of the 5 of us had issues over 5 days.

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back