Joanne

Newcomer
Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Name
Joanne
I have a number of Canon lenses I'm hoping to use with my new R5. The adapter appears to be in short supply. Has anyone used one, or know of a source?

I have a number of Canon lenses I'm hoping to use with my new R5. The adapter appears to be in short supply. Has anyone used one, or know of a source?
Hi Joanne,
Yes I recently bought an R6 with adapter for EF lenses, and it works normally on my 500MM F4 MKII.
I realise they are in short supply , due probably to Pandemic. Here is a link to search. https://www.camerapricebuster.co.uk...stem-Accessories/Canon-Mount-Adapter-EF-EOS-R
Hope you find one, I just got lucky at my local camera store.

I have a Viltrox control ring adapter and a JJC basic adapter, both from Amazon. No problems with either of them with any of my EF lenses.

I have been using the Viltrox adapter since mid-December and I have no issues at all. I've used it on Canon EF lenses from 16-35 to 70-200 and also with a Tamron 90mm macro and a Sigma 150-600 with the addition of both a Sigma and Canon convertors. All worked well. I can certainly recommend them, especially at half the price of the Canon version

I have the free one that was a bonus from Canon but because of the delay in delivery I also purchased the control ring version which I have set to exposure compensation. Very efficient and intuitive to use.

I'm glad I found this group :) I have been debating on purchasing the adaptor, but now I'm sure I will! Thank you all for your feedback, it really helps!

I have one and it has been perfect with my Sigma Lens. I also noticed they seem to be in short supply right now.

I’ve got four adapters. Canon with control ring, Canon with CPL filter, Viltrox with control ring, and JJC basic.

All work beautifully with no issues. I wouldn’t hesitate to use an after market one.

I would wait and get the real Canon adaptor. They are expensive but they do work well. I went for the plain adaptor, minus the control ring. Works a treat.

View Latest Canon RF Lens Deals At: B&H Photo

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back