Joanne

Newcomer
Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Name
Joanne
I have a number of Canon lenses I'm hoping to use with my new R5. The adapter appears to be in short supply. Has anyone used one, or know of a source?

My Canon EF lenses are all happy with the basic Canon adapter. I also have a Tamron 75-300 and that is fitted with a Viltrox Control Ring adapter with no problems

I gave up waiting for a Canon adapter, and have a viltrox one. It works fine with my 3 lenses, but they are all Canon lenses
I purchased as Comlite one to continue using a Sigma 105 macro and 10-20 c sensor lenses. Glad I saved the money it works fine with the macro lens but the wide angle is heavy vingetting one end and a circle in a black rectangle at the other. Think this would be the same with the canon adapter as no optics in them.
Traded in the wide zoom for a Samyang 14mm f2.8 that I am very happy with.

Yeah i got my first adapter and when i had issues with my Tamron lenses I acquired the Canon one ... I ended up purchasing lenses since neither of the converters liked the old off brand stuff ... of course my camera store is a hour and a half away and ordering things and waiting to figure out whether it'll work or not ... well you know itsa a pain in the butt

I purchased a Viltrox ef-re2 from B&H from about a 100.00 however with my off brands older lenses they didnt function but all my canon ones did ... i have since purchased the canon unit one off brands still don't like it but all my canon ones work wonderfully so ....
I have been loaned a Viltrox by Cameraworld to use EF lenses as I wait for RF 24-70 to be delivered. Up to now, with Canon lenses, it is fine.
I have the Canon adapter on order but I expect a long wait!
I traded in my Canon 5d Mark 4 - which I loved - and am really pleased with the R5.
No regrets!

I have been loaned a Viltrox by Cameraworld to use EF lenses as I wait for RF 24-70 to be delivered. Up to now, with Canon lenses, it is fine.
I have the Canon adapter on order but I expect a long wait!
I traded in my Canon 5d Mark 4 - which I loved - and am really pleased with the R5.
No regrets!
I have my canon converter with control ring. I use it for my extreme lensing lol I love love love my rf 28-70 f 2.0 lens however and the R5 has been amazing thus far

I have a number of Canon lenses I'm hoping to use with my new R5. The adapter appears to be in short supply. Has anyone used one, or know of a source?
I hesitate to say this as they seem to be as rare as hens’ teeth but I have an adapter and it works perfectly with my EF lenses. It took about 90 days to arrive after the purchase of my camera. I’m sure it’s been said before but a really poor marketing decision by Canon, seeing they were shipped with the camera when the EOS R was launched.

I Have the canon EF to RF adapter and used it on the EF100-400 on the R5 focussing was very sharp and quick, have also used it on the EF 24mm Tilt and Shift Lens and it worked seamlessly . My experience so far has been very positive and the results were excellent with quick sharp focussing and no drop in performance.

I hesitate to say this as they seem to be as rare as hens’ teeth but I have an adapter and it works perfectly with my EF lenses. It took about 90 days to arrive after the purchase of my camera. I’m sure it’s been said before but a really poor marketing decision by Canon, seeing they were shipped with the camera when the EOS R was launched.
I agree

View Latest Canon RF Lens Deals At: B&H Photo

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back