Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Name
David Miller
City/State
Kirkland, WA
I used this as my primary for quite a while before getting the RP. It was a great little camera but pretty funny when I used to put my Sigma 120-400 on it.

Here are a couple of my favorite photos...

I used this as my primary for quite a while before getting the RP. It was a great little camera but pretty funny when I used to put my Sigma 120-400 on it.

Here are a couple of my favorite photos...
Great couple of pictures. You must have taken a number of shot of each. Would like to see more of the geyser. The cave looks perfect, the other doesn't have as much impact for me.

I bought new a R5 with RF 24-240 for prime use. Very recently bought used a M100 as an upgrade from my GX1 now sold, using indifferent EF lenses with an adaptor for the time being.

I have tons of pictures of the Geyser, as the cool thing about it was the fact it went off ever 6 min. I do find them very tough to shoot and make interesting as it is just a bunch of water... I think video actually does it more justice in some ways. I do have this shot as well of the bubble that builds before it pops.

That does a lot more for me. I bet you could be there for hours and never see the same shot twice. Is the environment dangerous, wet, hot? Do you have a shot of the geyser at the moment it pops with that background?

I'll go though my pictures and look for the sequence and upload them here. It isn't dangerous I seem to remember them having it roped off. It isn't particularly hot either but it was very cold out so it may have cooled off. We where there end of Feb beginning of March so it was pretty cold in general there, it was also early in the morning. It did smell of sulfur though which was a little much to take at times. You are correct though every time it was a different, also the bubble size varied quite a bit.

It is a fantastic place to go visit, highly recommend Iceland.

Your picture of the ice cave, something very similar won the Canon Red Line Photographic Competition recently. Just wondering if it was you?

When using your M6 have you used the M 55-250mm lens? If yes, how do you get on with it, do you like it? I'm thinking of getting the lens for my M6.

I bought the M100 as a back up but quickly found out I repeatedly kept accidently pressing the WiFi button and craved for more flexibility with the settings. Got the M6 very reasonable price. Wanted the Mk2 but could not justify pending well over £600 when I have just spent £4k on the R5.

The M100 is a fun little thing. It's my first point-and-shoot interchangeable lens camera

Your picture of the ice cave, something very similar won the Canon Red Line Photographic Competition recently. Just wondering if it was you?

When using your M6 have you used the M 55-250mm lens? If yes, how do you get on with it, do you like it? I'm thinking of getting the lens for my M6.

I bought the M100 as a back up but quickly found out I repeatedly kept accidently pressing the WiFi button and craved for more flexibility with the settings. Got the M6 very reasonable price. Wanted the Mk2 but could not justify pending well over £600 when I have just spent £4k on the R5.

The M100 is a fun little thing. It's my first point-and-shoot interchangeable lens camera
Yes, I have the 55-200 Lens. It is a pretty great little lens.
Duck on Ice

I bought this lens new from Tecobuy, in the UK they have appalling feedback on Trustpilot. After a bit of research I found they were not as bad as buyers had made out. That, with my email communications with them, gave me the confidence to buy the lens for £180 including delivery. That's almost 1/2 UK retail price

And that's what can happen when you are not too bright and get the timing wrong.
Old photo but the guy was not cooked but i think he may have had to change his underwear.

Attachments

• P1000601.jpg
    P1000601.jpg
    181.5 KB · Views: 118
That guy was taking a chance. Do i spy a rope to keep people at a safe distance?

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back