Canon Launches RF 14-35mm F4 L IS USM Wide-angle Zoom Lens

Looks like a good, compact lens. But, price is high. It is the prices of the lenses and bodies that will likely push me to Nikon when I go mirrorless.

Canon’s L series glass is expensive, sure, but it appears (like with the upcoming 100-400mm) that they also plan on releasing more affordable options, and it’s sharp as heck. Look, I paid $1100 for Nikon’s 16-35mm f4 back in the day as an alternative to the 14-28mm f2.8 which makes the Canon look affordable. Mirrorless is still shaking out and chip shortages are making the rollout of new options seem like an eternity, and while we have a Nikon lens roadmap we don’t have prices there either. No arm twisting here, but I think we’re going to see both “are you kidding me?!” and affordable options from both sides when it shakes out. And from recent history I expect Canon to shake out first.

I’m keeping my EF16-35 f2.8 III version lens. I’d like to have the 14mm, but I prefer f2.8 and I’ve got my eye on a few other RF lens (I don’t have a single RF lens yet).

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back