Jaketravels110

Newcomer
Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Name
Kev
Hello, i have just bought a R5 and would like to update the firmware from 1.4.0. Would like the Motorsport tracking.
There are two versions on Canon”s website 1.5.1 and 1.5.2. Do I need to do 1.5.1 first as it seems unclear.
Thanks

Go to 1.5.2. Vehicle tracking was added in 1.5.0 or 1.5.1 but they improved stickiness in 1.5.2. Not sure how you need to progress, but I'm guessing if you can't go directly the camera should tell you.

Canon website states “Firmware Version 1.5.2 is for cameras with firmware up to Version 1.5.1” which seems to suggest that v1.5.2 can be used to update any earlier firmware without needing the intermediate versions.

Hello, i have just bought a R5 and would like to update the firmware from 1.4.0. Would like the Motorsport tracking.
There are two versions on Canon”s website 1.5.1 and 1.5.2. Do I need to do 1.5.1 first as it seems unclear.
Thanks
No—you don’t; however, I recently made the same update from 1.4.0, and did do 1.5.1 first. My suggestion would be to do it this way. I didn’t want to take any chances at all :)

There is no need to go via intermediate firmware release versions. You can co from any earlier version to the latest version.

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back