Followers
Following
Name
Tim
City/State
Shropshire
CC Welcome
  1. Yes
Canon has now officially announced the Canon RF 100mm F2.8 L Macro IS USM lens and pre-orders have also started.

The lens will cost $1,399.00 in the US and £1,479.00 in the UK. It's expected to ship in July.

You can already pre-order the lens today.

US Affiliate Links
B&H Photo
Adorama

UK Affiliate Links
Wex Photo
Park Camera

I decided to pre-order one myself, is anyone else tempted?

Canon have also released a promo video:

B&H take a look at the new lens in this video starting at 1:26

And Canon Ambassador Irene Rudnyk has a real world review up:

Full details can be found on the product page for the lens here:
https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/...s/lenses/ef/macro/rf100mm-f2-8-l-macro-is-usm

Last edited:
I'll have to change my answer on the 100mm looks pretty interesting. Not sure I will get it in the near term but I may have to pick one up at some point.

Canon has now officially announced the Canon RF 100mm F2.8 L Macro IS USM lens and pre-orders have also started.

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/...s/lenses/ef/macro/rf100mm-f2-8-l-macro-is-usm

The lens will cost $1,399.00 in the US and £1,479.00 in the UK. It's expected to ship in July.

US Affiliate Links
B&H Photo
Adorama

UK Affiliate Links
Wex Photo
Park Camera

Pre-ordered mine--Looks pretty cool. thanks for the heads-up post.

I am really anxious to hear if this is significantly better than the ef version. I love my ef.

I’m excited by this as currently use the ef 100mm L so will b getting this definitely

I have been thinking about getting the Canon RF 85mm F1.2L USM partly because of its incredible sharpness, and speed, but it doesn't have any IS. The RF 100mm f/2.8L Macro has IS with my R5 gets a possible 8 stops, and amazing macro, and an added useful 20mm extra telephoto, and SA, and its cheaper. For me its a no brainer. I am just going to wait for its first review showing picture quality. No quality captures then its no go to me.

US Affiliate Links
B&H Photo
Adorama

UK Affiliate Links
Wex Photo
Park Camera

Read the Canon write up and other reviewers. Its my most wanted RF lens

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back