Canon RF 100mm F2.8 L Macro IS USM Lens Announced + Pre-orders Start

This lens is on my radar, right after I get the 15-35L.

An updated real world review from Canon Ambassador Irene Rudnyk

An updated real world review from Canon Ambassador Irene Rudnyk

Thank you, Timothy. It looks like a lot of lens for the money, and at 1.6 lbs, it would be a good one to have for stock images.

Well I ordered this lens back in August from Park cameras and have been keeping a check on their web site. It started with delivery expected Sep 9th, then Oct 3, then Oct 15. Now it just states no reliable delivery date. So it's anybody's guess when it will turn up. Seems everything in the RF system gets announce before they have any hope of delivering. I expect the R3 will be the same.

You had it on order all that time 😱

I've seen them for sale in many places. I bought my used a few days ago from someone that had it a month maybe a bit less. Panamoz has it for £1450 with 3 year warranty, it's a grey import, I've bought my R5 from them.

See if Panamoz have it and get it, cancel Park. Or go to the Camera Show at NEC Birmingham, if you are in the UK, enjoy the day out and see if you can get the lens there

Pre-ordered mine--Looks pretty cool. thanks for the heads-up post.
Interesting that the US price is $1399, which at todays exchange rate is £1,010.74 . Considerably less than the quoted UK price!!

I think that is the price into the USA. Each state has a different set of taxes and they have to be added to the initial import price. You need a retailer price that includes all tax an delivery

Just received notice that my 100/2.8 Rf shipped. My supplier has a couple more available if anyone is looking for one. Just let me know and I'll get you in touch with him.

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back