Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Name
Greg Sinclair
City/State
Telford
It is possible the subject of CF cards is as new to you as your R series camera. It was for me.

I had heard of CF cards but never given it much thought as I have never needed one, until now.

I had to check with the camera instructions to see what the CF card spec was, basically it's a size B.

This link will give you a very straight forward explanation of what our cameras need.

Not strictly a RF question. I also have a Canon M6 Mk2, I need a high speed card for it.

My RF uses a CF card, backed up with a Sony Tough G 32GB. This Tough card works well in my M6

This is the question; Is the Sony Tough G (300 read 299 write) overkill for the M6? The Sony M (277 read 150 write) series is half the price for the GB size, but is it fast enough for the M6 Mk2?

I am not concerned if the Tough is overkill, I am just trying to keep costs down. Your comments welcome

I'd recommend taking a look at Alik Griffins Guide here Greg. He ranks the Sony SF-G Tough cards as one of the fastest, but it is only writing at around 108.37 MB/s in-camera so the M6 definitely isn't maxing out the full write potential of the card.

I've tested quite a lot of memory cards for my R3 Memory Card Guide, R6 Memory Card Guide and R7 Memory Card Guide. The Sony SF-G Tough UHS-II cards always perform very well in-camera, but so do the Kingston Canvas React Plus UHS-II cards and these are typically 40% less give or take than the Sony cards.

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back