Choice of Editing Software ?

I download into Adobe Bridge, then do first edits in Adobe Camera Raw. I click Done and those edits remain in Bridge. Then I open the image in Photoshop and will continue editing there, including Topaz DeNoise which can appear in the PS Filter menu.

Like others, I use Lightroom and Photoshop. They certainly are industry standards, have a great deal of training materiel available, and the catalog is invaluable as your library grows

Which processing software and plugins does everyone use ?

My preference is the Adobe photography monthly subscription and i tend to use Topaz Labs AI Denoise and AI Clear.
I also use Topaz Gigapixel. I also have Nik collection which i find great for the odd bit of processing different looks etc.

I have tried a few other editing programs like Luminar but always find myself going back to Photoshop & Lightroom.

It would be nice to know other members choices of software and also maybe some suggestions and tips Regarding processing etc.
I'm using pretty much what you list here. My go-to programs are Nik and Topaz. I have On1, but don't use that as much as I do an older version of Photoshop. I love Topaz AI Denoise for the low-light shots taken on my old 5D.

Does anyone else miss the old Jasc Paintshop Pro? Before it was taken over by Corel? I had to give it up when I moved back from Windows to Mac. I knew that software up, down and sideways. I feel like Photoshop changes too fast for me to keep up. I must be getting old.

Editing to add that I do use the Adobe Suite as it offers Portfolio as well in the subscription. It was easy to migrate my domain and just use them rather than pay for an external provider for now.

Last edited:
I use Affinity Photo. It has a one time payment which is not expensive and as an amateur seems to have all the facilities I need. There are also lots of teaching session videos on YouTube to help beginners like me to get to grips with the functionality. It also has regular auto updates.

Like most here I use PS & LR and although LR fits best into my work flow I still have to go back to PS for detailed work. Being self taught I can't say I'm expert at either but I can certainly get by. 😁👍

Lightroom Classic and Photoshop are my go to choices, with the Topaz AI plugins, but I also use On1 Photoraw 2021, DxO Photolab 4 and Luminar AI. They all have their quirks and their strengths. On1 will open CR3 files but not craw, has some really good presets available. Luminar just added support for R5 raw files - haven't gotten to try much with it yet - love it or hate it it is very good at sky replacement or enhancement. DxO Photolab works well with Lightroom, does a great job correcting lenses.

Lightroom classic and photoshop on my pc - very comfortable with lightroom but struggling to learn photoshop. I do a lot of flower photography indoors which I shoot tethered through lightroom. If I am travelling ( I seem to remember a time when we could do that! ) I use lightroom on an iPad for edits. Interesting to see no one seems to be using canon proprietary software?

Lightroom classic and photoshop on my pc - very comfortable with lightroom but struggling to learn photoshop. I do a lot of flower photography indoors which I shoot tethered through lightroom. If I am travelling ( I seem to remember a time when we could do that! ) I use lightroom on an iPad for edits. Interesting to see no one seems to be using canon proprietary software?
I do occasionally use it, mostly for focus stacking. Since it isn't a wonderful interface, I prefer doing most of my routine post-processing in other tools.

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back