Choice of Editing Software ?

Adecoleman

Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Name
Adrian Coleman
Which processing software and plugins does everyone use ?

My preference is the Adobe photography monthly subscription and i tend to use Topaz Labs AI Denoise and AI Clear.
I also use Topaz Gigapixel. I also have Nik collection which i find great for the odd bit of processing different looks etc.

I have tried a few other editing programs like Luminar but always find myself going back to Photoshop & Lightroom.

It would be nice to know other members choices of software and also maybe some suggestions and tips Regarding processing etc.

I am a relative newcomer to all but very basic editing, but I have the Adobe Photography subscription. I am still trying to get my head around photoshop <LOL>

I am a relative newcomer to all but very basic editing, but I have the Adobe Photography subscription. I am still trying to get my head around photoshop <LOL>
I think it would take years to learn all of Photoshop and i would probably never use most of it lol. I found Julianne Kost to be a great resource for learning Photoshop and Lightroom. You can watch her videos and learn at your own pace and learn the bits that you need rather than everything.

Yes, I have seen lots of her video lessons. The great thing about the internet is the accessibility of teaching.

I’m not subscribed to anything Adobe. I used Exposure X6 for most raw editing and the Topaz suite for noise or sharpening.

Lately I have been using DXO PL4 for the raw editing. I find their noise reduction to be better than Topaz and the fact it’s built into the same program is nice.

I also use Affinity and Helicon for stacking depending on the type.

I have found that Lightroom covers the waterfront for pretty much everything I need. I use Photoshop now and then for specialty things such as focus stacking. In the Gallery I will go ahead and post some focus stacking I did of telephoto shots at the Fort Sam Houston National Cemetery using the R5/EF 100-400mm.

I use LR and PS, mainly because at £10pm it’s a bargain and they’re industry recognised.

I have always used a combination of Lightroom and Photoshop... but anymore I just use Luminar 4 and Photoshop when I need to do composites or other detailed editing.

I use Photo Mechanic to cull my images and then import the ones I want to edit into Lightroom (through the Adobe subscription). I also use Topaz Denoise AI on a lot of my indoor sports photos.

i'm working on a transition from lightroom / photoshop to capture one. several reasons for the change, but among them is the ability to have a network drive with my images and catalog so i can import, edit, export from anywhere i am working in the house (home office, or living space on a laptop). i'm not quite sure why lightroom restricts this capability but it is what it is.

i'm still wrapping my head around the new workflow but i have been pleased with what i've seen from capture one thus far.

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back