Followers
Following
Name
David Stallard
City/State
Essex, UK
CC Welcome
  1. Yes
So I have the R3, it's a pretty awesome piece of kit, just lacking pixels - I shoot predominantly motorsport with a fair bit of wildlife and landscape in between meetings ;-)

Now here's the conundrum - been comparing the R3 stats with the R5 mkII and to my old eye's it looks like the better choice - better af, double the pixel count same weather sealing, would just need to add a grip.

SO - what do you guys think? anyone here shot motorsport with the R5mkII? if so what do you think. Thanks guys

Jeff Cable just got back from shooting a month at the Olympics with the R1 and R5ii and stated he'd be selling his R3 as soon as he got his R5ii, if that makes any difference (somewhere in the discussion here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tj2VxOS236g)

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back