Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
City/State
Sydney
CC Welcome
  1. Yes
I might be spending a month in Scotland and maybe a few days in Portugal. These are my lenses on an RF6 -
Canon RF 16mm F2. 8 STM - 162g
Canon RF 35mm F1. 8 Macro IS STM - 300g
Canon RF 50mm F1. 8 STM -160g
Canon RF 100-400mm F5.6-F8 IS - 635g
Canon RF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM - 700g
i find the 24-105 quite heavy to walk around with and am thinking of leaving it behind. I don’t mind changing lenses
What do you think?

Out of the lenses listed I think you will find the 24-105 will be your most used lens for the trip. I would definitely take it and the 16 for wider shots. Depending on what you are planning to see the 100-400 would be the third lens I took.

I travel between 6 and 7 months out of the year for work and was taking the 14-35, 24-105 and 100-400. I purposedly went out and bought the 24-240, and now I take it and the 14-35, and that is it 90% of the time. Everything else sits at home, unless I am doing something I know I will want a longer lens, then the 100-400 goes, but that's very rare. I have also found that my most used lens is now the 24-240, whether at home of on travel.
Lucky having a job that involves travel!

Lucky having a job that involves travel!
It can get old at times, but I enjoy it. Get to see a lot I wouldn't otherwise. Work during the week and the weekends are mine. Was talking with my manager today and found out I may be going out of country for a few trips, which wouldn't bother me a bit.

View Latest Canon RF Lens Deals At: B&H Photo

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back