Canon R Customising Buttons on the Canon R

Our Canon R Resources: Firmware | User Guide | Price Check: B&H Photo

MissChatswood

Newcomer
Followers
Following
Name
Anita Watson
I just received my canon R today. I am used to shooting in manual mode on a 70D and am finding it a bit difficult to get used to. Has anyone got any tips on the best way to customise buttons so you can easily change things whilst looking through the view finder? Eg focus point.
thanks for any advice.

I like the R better than my R5 for this customization. Try this technique:
Go into M mode in Video and set everything the way you like it for your main or most common capture scenario, including your fastest lens (or most commonly used lens) wide open or however you like. Save that to C1. Go to C1 and make tweaks for your secondary. Save to C2. C3 will be what is used for using the actual red record button on top. Save your preferred settings to C3. In other words, don't go to each one and try to customize it, instead use M or C1 as a template. Also note that Aperture priority and Shutter priority will save your last used settings as well. Do the same for photos. My two EOS-Rs save all of that. Make sure you are fully updated on firmware before you do that. Super customizable!

I recently upgraded to the R, I watched Jared Polin Canon R setup video on Youtube for setting up my RP and R. its great!

Our Canon R Resources: Firmware | User Guide | Price Check: B&H Photo

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back