Followers
Following
Name
Dean Wilson
City/State
Canby, Oregon
CC Welcome
  1. Yes
Woke up at 3:30 this morning and I couldn't get the idea out of my head, even 32° f (0° c) could keep me in a nice warm bed.

Three stacked images, 60 sec, 120 sec, and 240 sec.

DWR50580-HDR.jpg
  • Canon EOS R5
  • RF15-35mm F2.8 L IS USM
  • 35.0 mm
  • ƒ/11
  • 60 sec
  • ISO 800

Woke up at 3:30 this morning and I couldn't get the idea out of my head, even 32° f (0° c) could keep me in a nice warm bed.

Three stacked images, 60 sec, 120 sec, and 240 sec.

View attachment 21399
The dahlias are much more powerful than the buildings behind. The middle 50% speaks with greater intent for me, a wide panorama.

The building was there I felt it should be included, but my intention was the flowers. A good reminder: If it's not there, don't force it.

DWR50580-HDR-2.jpg
  • Canon EOS R5
  • RF15-35mm F2.8 L IS USM
  • 35.0 mm
  • ƒ/11
  • 60 sec
  • ISO 800

The building was there I felt it should be included, but my intention was the flowers. A good reminder: If it's not there, don't force it.

View attachment 21405
Much better for my eyes. May even consider cropping the dirt path at the bottom and a sliver of intrusion at the top.

May even consider cropping the dirt path at the bottom and a sliver of intrusion at the top.
The intrusion are more Dahlias. I might try a different composition to see if I can capture a variety of colors, but as the business is closed to the public at night I don't wish to trespass. Perhaps I might just stop by during the day and ask for permission to intrude at night...but alas, the Moon is waning and rain is in the forecast.

The intrusion are more Dahlias. I might try a different composition to see if I can capture a variety of colors, but as the business is closed to the public at night I don't wish to trespass. Perhaps I might just stop by during the day and ask for permission to intrude at night...but alas, the Moon is waning and rain is in the forecast.
Dean, you have the interesting part, it is a matter of cropping what you have. For images like this, I use a 2:1 or 3:1 aspect ratio, you have multiple possibilities with this frame.

These are beautiful, Dean. Where I am the dahlias have all died off with the recent frosts. It must have been an amazing feeling (if you could feel your toes 😁) to capture them by moonlight!

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back