out of focus

Newcomer
Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Name
Johnny
I've been struggling to figure out how to have all the photos that I've compiled in DPP 4 as a collection be copied to another folder. The method that I use for copying things from regular folders to other folders does not work when trying to do so with the contents in the collection.

I'm hoping that someone can help me with that.

Thank you.

Welcome to RF Shooters. I use DPP for a few specific reasons but never tried collections. I just tried it and the OS did not recognize it so it looks like this is a software specific option.

Last edited:
I should have also added it just creates a link to your folders so they are easier to find. Other software that offers collections does that as well.

I do not use Canon DPP very often but I would try selecting all the image thumbnails and then dragging them into the destination folder.

I use collections to easily group images. After I’ve completed rating my five star vacation photos, I filter for just five stars on those dates. Then I add to a vacation collection. Once editing is complete, I can batch process the collection as jpegs into a destination folder of my choosing. This makes for easy uploading to Shutterfly to build the vacation album.

But the raw files stay in their main import folder right where I want them. This is something I actually quite like about DPP4. It leaves my folders alone.

Thank you for your responses. I had gone ahead and just manually selected each photo from the folder that contained it since there was not a workaround trying to do what I wanted to do using the photos that I had added to DPP's collection.

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back