Joetheslug

Newcomer
Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Name
Joe
I have the basic adapter and the button is jammed and therefore I can't get it off my ef lens.

Has anyone else had this problem? If so, how did you unjam the adapter. Thanks in advance.

Canon brand? I ask because 3rd party versions have worse tolerances and have been known to be super tight or loose. I have not had this issue yet I have had a sticky button on an EF 1.4 TC. First thing is to take it off the body and put caps on. You wouldn't want to try anything with it mounted to the camera. For me the main thing is to be certain to not damage the lens (the adapter could be sacrificed if anything had to be imho) Try pushing up on the button as far as it will go and then a bit more while gently turning the lens in the direction for release. If it doesn't unlatch, try the opposite direction. There is always a bit of wiggle room with these matings and you shouldn't be too worried about putting a bit of muscle into it, not too much mind you. Once you get it off, see if you can toggle the button back and forth, check for obvious things like broken parts and bent parts. If it's an ultra tight mating between lens and adapter, it might be the mount. If it's Canon brand, they will be easy to work with (In the US) Good luck.

It is the Canon adapter. I've tried wiggling it...the button would normally click back in its original position...it is stuck fast.

The outcome of this, BTW, was I was able to get the adapter removed off my 16-35mm and then I sent it back for a warranty replacement.

View Latest Canon RF Lens Deals At: B&H Photo

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back