Canon R5 Err 20 Experienced

BradS

Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Name
Brad Smith
I received an Err 20 (mechanical fault) message on my new R5 after about 1000 shutter clicks/3+ weeks of use. Once Err 20 is received, you must either cycle power or remove and replace the battery per the message advice. That did not really solve the problem as I could only take one more image before receiving the message again. The problem occurred within the return window of my supplier, so I have sent it back for replacement. I shoot only EF lenses with the simple EF-RF adapter (no control ring). The issue occurred with multiple lenses, all of which had worked successfully earlier. I'm just curious if anyone else has had this issue? I really loved the R5 for the short time I used it.

I've not seen this error on mine yet 🤞Did you manage to get an exchange?

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali
Back