Veteran Member
Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Name
Phil Moore
A few recent(ish) re-edits...

Shot raw in Hartshill Country Park, Warwickshire, England and processed using: DxO PhotoLab Elite/ Nik Collection, Adobe Lightroom Classic/ Photoshop and Topaz Labs Studio 2.

Phil

Double vision...

RF-SA-1b.jpg
  • Canon EOS R5
  • RF100-500mm F4.5-7.1 L IS USM
  • 223.0 mm
  • ƒ/6.3
  • 1/1250 sec
  • ISO 1000

Somewhere out there...

RF-SA-3.jpg
  • Canon EOS R5
  • RF70-200mm F2.8 L IS USM
  • 163.0 mm
  • ƒ/2.8
  • 1/125 sec
  • ISO 250

Together forever...

RF-SA-5.jpg
  • Canon EOS R5
  • EF100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS II USM
  • 400.0 mm
  • ƒ/8
  • 1/500 sec
  • ISO 640

Last edited:
These are all worthy of hanging on a wall. I like the frames added, wish I knew how to do that.

Hi John,

Cheers, much appreciated!

I’ll let you into a secret (if you promise not to tell anyone else… :D ), the frames are added using Topaz Labs Studio 2 and our logo/ signature is Custom Brush (meaning I can change colour/ size/ opacity), created in Photoshop. This step-by-step YouTube video by Anthony Morganti will show you how.

I don’t think you can buy Studio 2 now (Topaz Labs ceased development) - a pity as it‘s one of my favourite creative programs - but Dave Kelly provides purchase links on his YouTube channel (not sure if these are active - but worth a try?).

There are probably other programs/ techniques for producing similar results, but this is how I do it.

Phil

Last edited:

Shot raw in Hartshill Country Park, Warwickshire, England and processed using: DxO PhotoLab Elite/ Nik Collection, Adobe Lightroom Classic/ Photoshop and Topaz Labs Studio 2.

Phil

Double vision...

View attachment 14480

Somewhere out there...

View attachment 14481

Together forever...

View attachment 14482
These are just beautiful. I love the shallow depth of field and the dreamy look! They are indeed works of art. I need to look at my Topaz Studio 2 and see about reinstalling it. I didn’t know they did frames. Thank you for the information!

These are just beautiful. I love the shallow depth of field and the dreamy look! They are indeed works of art. I need to look at my Topaz Studio 2 and see about reinstalling it. I didn’t know they did frames. Thank you for the information!
Hi Hali,

Cheers - appreciated!

Yes, 'Digital Frame' is one of the Filters in Studio 2. I've saved a couple of my favourite configurations as 'Looks', so it takes but a couple of clicks to apply.

(I'd like to claim it was incredibly difficult and techy, but Studio 2 makes it ridiculously simple... :) ).

Phil

Phil
These are all great but I particularly like the first one. I love the way the oof background is rendered and contains motion blur. I assume this is a composite of two shots? Very attractive pictorially.

These are all great but I particularly like the first one. I love the way the oof background is rendered and contains motion blur. I assume this is a composite of two shots? Very attractive pictorially.
Hi Yang,

Cheers - appreciated!

The ’two shot’ effect in the first image was produced in Nik Collection using the ‘double exposure’ filter. I can’t recall what else I did in processing this, but it was taken on a frosty morning which helped with the dreamy/ pastel feel of the composition.

Phil

Last edited:
And there was me thinking that Flora was something you spread on toast...

;-)

Phil, the are absolutely stunning photos, I really like the first one the best, regardless of how it was processed, the final photo you produced is beautiful.

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back