PKM-UK

Veteran Member
Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Name
Phil Moore
Some re-edits of shots taken in our local woods (Hartshill Country Park, Warwickshire, England).

(Processed using: DxO PhotoLab Elite/ Nik Collection, Adobe Lightroom Classic/ Photoshop and Topaz Labs Studio 2).

Not sure if these should go in this area, or the Editing/ Post-Processing section, but here you go...

Phil

A-1.jpg
  • Canon EOS R5
  • RF100-500mm F4.5-7.1 L IS USM
  • 100.0 mm
  • ƒ/6.3
  • 1/400 sec
  • ISO 1000

A-7.jpg
  • Canon EOS R5
  • 123.0 mm
  • ƒ/16
  • 1/1000 sec
  • ISO 2000
A-5.jpg
  • Canon EOS R5
  • 135.0 mm
  • ƒ/5.6
  • 1/400 sec
  • ISO 400

Last edited:
HI , Phil looks great as usual :)

Thanks Phil , glad to be here :)

Some re-edits of shots taken in our local woods (Hartshill Country Park, Warwickshire, England).

(Processed using: DxO PhotoLab Elite/ Nik Collection, Adobe Lightroom Classic/ Photoshop and Topaz Labs Studio 2).

Not sure if these should go in this area, or the Editing/ Post-Processing section, but here you go...

Phil
I really like shots like these. I think the atmosphere with the mist and the shafts of light through the trees is lovely. I think I like the last one best. I aspire to shots like these, but my allergy to getting up early gets in the way.

I really like shots like these. I think the atmosphere with the mist and the shafts of light through the trees is lovely. I think I like the last one best. I aspire to shots like these, but my allergy to getting up early gets in the way.
If you are allergic to getting up early, you could try staying up later instead.... :D

Hi Yang,

I'll let you into a secret (if you promise not to tell anyone else... :cool:) - these shots were all taken between 10:15 and 11:30.

We only get one or two days a year like this (if we're lucky!) - the trick (for me) is to overcome my going out when it's cold allergy... :D

Pleased you enjoyed them - helps to make it worthwhile... (y)

Phil

These are lovely. Those shafts of light coming down into the misty woods is wonderful, and the toning is so subtle and beautiful. I can never seem to get my colors to work so well

These are lovely. Those shafts of light coming down into the misty woods is wonderful, and the toning is so subtle and beautiful. I can never seem to get my colors to work so well
Hi Hali,

Cheers - appreciated! We’ve learned that on misty, but sunny, days if you visit certain places in the local woods at the right time there are opportunities to get shots like this. You can then have hours of fun processing and being creative… :)

We love angel beams too - you can create them using Photoshop, but they’re not in the same class as the natural ones. (y)

I’ll aim to post some of our similar shots as time goes by (but I must remember to check they’re not from our Sonys… :LOL:).

Phil

Last edited:
Beautiful images Phil. Well worth getting a little cold for! 🙂

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back