Greetings 🙂

Bruce Dorn

Newcomer
Followers
Following
Name
Bruce Dorn
As a fan of the RF Series, I’m happy to see this forum try to take root! Full disclosure: I’m a long time pro - nearly fifty years behind the viewfinder - and experienced with almost every aspect of commercial and fine art photography. I’m also a cinematographer and I’ve been a member of the the Directors Guild of America for nearly forty years. These experiences brought my work to the attention of Canon and I was invited to be a Canon Explorer of Light for nearly twenty years. I am sponsored by them (along with SanDisk and ARRI and many others) but my opinions and comments are my own, not a veiled marketing narrative.
With that out of the way, I gotta say I’m genuinely smitten with the new R series of cameras and lenses and thrilled that they have begun to come to market. I helped with the launch of the original EOS R and the R5 and now use the R cameras exclusively. You can see my work and read some of my Top Tips on Instagram where I post as @dorn.bruce 🙂
I’ll post my own images and thoughts, as time allows, and chime in with answers and comments whenever I feel they may be helpful.
Here’s to hoping this forum proves to be a positive and supportive one!

Welcome to the forum Bruce and thank you for joining up here and introducing yourself and your amazing career! Thanks also for the full disclosure! :) I see it quite often where brand ambassadors praise the gear that they are ambassadors for but seem to forget to disclose their relationship, so that's really appreciated! It is early days here but all being well we can nurture a helpful and friendly community, that's the plan anyway!

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back