Newcomer
Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Name
Kai Schrader
Hello together,

at first please excuse my rubbish english, I'm not an native english speaker but I will do my very best :)

I am Kai, born in 1975 and grew up in Germany, my main profession is IT technician. Photography has interested me for years and is becoming a bigger and bigger hobby of mine, meanwhile it has developed into a great passion. I am self-taught and have acquired my knowledge independently. Since I like to learn new things and it is fun to exchange with like-minded people, I am glad to have discovered this forum. I also like it very much that absolute professionals as well as very ambitious hobby photographers talk here.

I started taking pictures around 2015 with a small APS-C, a Canon EOS 100D with a Sigma 18-200 f/3.5-6.3 lens, a few years later I got a Canon EOS 70D and since this year I am (finally) on the road with the Canon EOS R8 in full format. The 100D I still love but meanwhile this camera is only for decoration purposes in the cabinet, (I do not bring it over the heart to sell my first camera, also because the ideal value exceeds the residual value of the camera by far).

As you can see on my Flickr page, I have not yet oriented myself to a particular area of photography. I just have a lot of fun going out and taking pictures. If I had to choose, I would say that I like to photograph urban motifs, architecture and streets the most, but I also love landscape photography and animals.

Currently, I prefer to travel with my 50mm fixed focal length lens, which somehow always works. When traveling, I also like to shoot with 15-30mm wide angle and my 150-600 telezoom, I'm still trying out a lot and do not know where the journey goes.

I look forward to a nice togetherness and to learn many new things here in this great round of like-minded people.

Best,
Kai

Welcome Kai and thank you for joining up here and introducing yourself. You are the second person from Germany to join in the past few days :) Your English is more than fine and certainly better than my German despite me living in and around Stuttgart for 10 years. I also worked in IT. You have some lovely photos on your Flickr page. Just let me know if you have any questions about this forum.

Welcome Kai and thank you for joining up here and introducing yourself. You are the second person from Germany to join in the past few days :) Your English is more than fine and certainly better than my German despite me living in and around Stuttgart for 10 years. I also worked in IT. You have some lovely photos on your Flickr page. Just let me know if you have any questions about this forum.
Thank you very much Tim! I'll look around here in the next days and sure I'll let you know if there are any questions.
Have a nice day :)
Cheers, Kai

Welcome to the forum Kai,

It is good to see other people from Germany here. I also had a look at your Flickr images and they are very nice indeed.

Hi,
warm welcome.
In which area do you live?

BR,

Michael

Hi,
warm welcome.
In which area do you live?

BR,

Michael
Grüße Dich ebenfalls Michael,

wir können gerne auch auf deutsch schreiben wenn das für Dich in Ordnung ist.

Hatte ich im Willkommens-Post ganz vergessen sehe ich gerade, ich lebe in Niedersachsen an der Grenze zu Bremen. Also Norddeutschland beschreibt es am besten 👋😊

Viel Spaß hier, auf gutes Miteinander und beste Grüße nach Schönbuch,

Kai

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back