Hello from Canada

From what I can remember that was a pretty part of the country. My hometown was Liverpool but I escaped in my late twenties after joining the RN. I ended up living in Plymouth Devon for the rest of my days in the UK before moving to Canada on my retirement.
Yes it is lovely here. Lots of hills and walks which are my cup of tea. I bet Canada is a fantastic place to live! Do you think you'll come back to the UK at some point?

Yes it is lovely here. Lots of hills and walks which are my cup of tea. I bet Canada is a fantastic place to live! Do you think you'll come back to the UK at some point?
No Tim, I will not be returning to the UK, even for a visit.

Thank you for allowing me to join your group. My name is John Burns, I am retired and living in Southern Ontario. My first "serious" camera was a 35mm SLR purchased around 1978. It was a Zenith with no battery or electronics and an optically indifferent 50mm lens.
My fist digital camera was a Canon Rebel T3, followed by an 80D and then 90D. Then I went full frame with the EOS R in 2019.
I got hooked on wildlife photography with the 80D, but quickly found that while the EOS R had very good image quality, it was not great for wildlife unless it was asleep. My current camera is an R5, under expensive repair with Canon after 18 months of ownership.
Welcome aboard and also sorry to hear about your R5. Had my R5 for 14-months and now worried.🫢

Welcome aboard and also sorry to hear about your R5. Had my R5 for 14-months and now worried.🫢
Hi,

My R5 problem should be viewed in context with my overall Canon experience. I have owned 6 Canon cameras over the past 12 years, (GAS perhaps), and this is the first time that I have had a problem. I am only aware of one other person having had a similar fault with an R5, and he was in Australia. There is not a flurry of reports on the net complaining about R5 reliability, and there would be if the camera was flawed. I was simply unfortunate this time, is does happen. Enjoy your camera as I hope to continue to enjoy mine.

Hi,

My R5 problem should be viewed in context with my overall Canon experience. I have owned 6 Canon cameras over the past 12 years, (GAS perhaps), and this is the first time that I have had a problem. I am only aware of one other person having had a similar fault with an R5, and he was in Australia. There is not a flurry of reports on the net complaining about R5 reliability, and there would be if the camera was flawed. I was simply unfortunate this time, is does happen. Enjoy your camera as I hope to continue to enjoy mine.
Thanks “Young” John (Igot you beat by a couple of years).😃 Signed: Old Bear.

Welcome to you, John.

It's interesting to read about your camera history, going back to your old 35mm.
Sorry to hear that your relatively new R5 is in need of repair.

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back