Hello from Canada

Hi John, welcome and thank you for joining. I hope Canon manage to sort your camera repairs out soon.

Hi John! Welcome to the group! I'm sorry to hear about your problems with the R5. I've had mine for 2 years now and as much as I love the camera I've had some issues with it as well. I hope your problems get fixed soon.

Welcome John and thank you very much for joining up here and introducing yourself to us. The R5 is a cracking camera. I do wonder what they will add to the rumored R5 Mk II to make it even better.
Hi Timothy,
Thank you for the welcome. The R5 is indeed a very good feature rich camera for the price. The other brands have nothing like it at this price level. Can I ask where in the UK do you live? I was born in the Uk and did not leave until I retired.

Hi John, welcome and thank you for joining. I hope Canon manage to sort your camera repairs out soon.
Hi Emma, thank you for the welcome and Canon did sort my camera out. I do hope that the problem is a "one off" and that I have not bought a "lemon".

Hi John! Welcome to the group! I'm sorry to hear about your problems with the R5. I've had mine for 2 years now and as much as I love the camera I've had some issues with it as well. I hope your problems get fixed soon.
Hi Hali, thank you for the welcome. My R5 has been repaired and seems ok but I will not be doing much with it until the Canadian winter abates. I have owned a number of Canon cameras and this is the first that needed a repair. My most reliable were my crop sensor DSLRs, and still going strong.

Hi John, what was the problem that caused the repair on your R5? Curious about the issue and whether it may be something that others may experience.

Hi Timothy,
Thank you for the welcome. The R5 is indeed a very good feature rich camera for the price. The other brands have nothing like it at this price level. Can I ask where in the UK do you live? I was born in the Uk and did not leave until I retired.
I live in Shropshire now very close to Ludlow. I was living in Malvern before moving and before that spent 10 years in Germany. My hometown is Kidderminster so I'm still close to family which is nice.

Hi John, what was the problem that caused the repair on your R5? Curious about the issue and whether it may be something that others may experience.
Hi MikeZ
The problem started around November last year. The camera would lock up while shooting a burst in AF servo and no data would be written to the card. The problem was intermittent but started to increase in frequency, and I noticed an error warning on the LCD screen. The error warning was error code 70. I contacted Canon and went through all their recommended routines but to no avail. The net result was I had to return the camera to Canon for repair at my expense because it was out of warranty by about 5 months. The repair bill, with taxes, was $908.00 CAD. I hope that others do not have this problem.

I live in Shropshire now very close to Ludlow. I was living in Malvern before moving and before that spent 10 years in Germany. My hometown is Kidderminster so I'm still close to family which is nice.
From what I can remember that was a pretty part of the country. My hometown was Liverpool but I escaped in my late twenties after joining the RN. I ended up living in Plymouth Devon for the rest of my days in the UK before moving to Canada on my retirement.

Thanks for the info, John, and sorry to hear about the details and the cost of repair.

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back