Hello from Hampshire, UK

fordsabroad

Newcomer
Followers
Following
Name
Gordon Ford
Hello and thank you for admitting me to the group.
I have owned various Canon cameras over many years but currently have the R5 mk ii and R5. I was a professional photographer in the Royal Navy until my retirement over 20 years ago. My main interests now are landscape and wildlife. I use the R5 mainly for photographing my granddaughters gymnastic competitions as it can handle high ISO better than my other cameras (Fuji gfx and OM1). I look forward to reading the posts and will post some images shortly.

Welcome aboard!! If you can, please post a few of your Navy shots.
Well the shots I took as a Naval photographer were mainly with a Hasselblad camera on black and white film so dont qualify for posting here. I have owned various Canon cameras personally so I will post a few images here from the R series that I have owned.
red kite incoming! by Gordon Ford, on Flickr
Spitfire over the Solent by Gordon Ford, on Flickr

glowing mushroom by Gordon Ford, on Flickr
Leopard drinking by Gordon Ford, on Flickr

Cheetah by Gordon Ford, on Flickr

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back