Pro Member
Followers
Following
Name
Steve Palmer
City/State
Norfolk, United Kingdom
Hi,
I am a keen amateur photographer and have used Canon cameras for many years. I invested in the R5 earlier this year and love it. As yet I only have EF lenses (primes and zooms - Canon / Sigma Art) but these seem to work extremely well. I also have a 5D Mkiv and a G5x ii. I love portraiture but will engage in most types of stills photography.
I am always looking for new inspiration on photos to take and how to improve them.
Attached is a wedding photo taken of friends this last weekend.
Steve

Attachments

• 210424-DebbieSteveWedding-168-E.jpg
    210424-DebbieSteveWedding-168-E.jpg
    187.7 KB · Views: 53
Hi Steve, welcome to the forums :)

I'm like you, a keen amateur, I also do a little bit of commercial work as a sole trader but just to help pay for kit.
I have the R5 and the R6 with a few RF lenses.

I love that wedding shot, but I hope you don't mind me saying, the tiny piece of tree trunk just creeping in at the bottom right of the image is a little off putting, I think if you cropped in on that side a fraction it would get rid of that and help frame the couple in the centre of the trees behind them :)

Welcome steve,

like yourself I dabble a bit with a view to always learning. Hopefully the last comment was taking the way it was intended and has put you on the backfoot. I think if people want some feedback they should say so, as often this kind of feedback can be taken the wrong way by individuals

Timothy.... maybe a section to post where people are looking for feedback on there pictures to gather feedback....noting they take the good with the bad :):):):)

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back