Hello, I’m so happy to have found this forum

mimigamez

Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Name
Mimi Gamez
I’ve been a member of the facebook group for a while, and today when I went in to add a friend to the group I saw there is a forum! I’ve been looking around and I love the layout here, happy to see that there are actually active posts.

I am in the process of buying my first mirrorless. I‘m leaning toward the r6 mark ii, I don’t know which lens I will want to get with it. I currently have a 6d and the following lenses EF 24-105 f4, and 85mm f1.8, and the nifty 50 (which I’m not confident is calibrated - I get soft focus on my images).

For lenses I was thinking of buying either the rf 70-200 f2.8 or the rf 100-500 f 4.5, I love to travel and taking pictures of my daughter that is in sports - basketball, volleyball & track.

Any recommendations are appreciated. I’ll be purchasing mid July, just finishing up saving for this.

:)

Welcome,

I'd suggest that you start out using the lenses you have and then let time and experience guide you.

When I got my R5 I just started out using my EF lenses with it. The EF 24-105 F4L ended up being the lens I use most with my R5. Second place is probably the EF 16-35 F4L.

I have since bought two RF lenses. First was RF 70-200 F4L. More recently I added the RF 100-500L.

But the EF 24-105 F4L remains my walk around lens most of the time. However, I once met someone whose walk around lens was an EF 400 F5.6L

So much depends on what subjects and situations you are most interested in.

Welcome,

I'd suggest that you start out using the lenses you have and then let time and experience guide you.

When I got my R5 I just started out using my EF lenses with it. The EF 24-105 F4L ended up being the lens I use most with my R5. Second place is probably the EF 16-35 F4L.

I have since bought two RF lenses. First was RF 70-200 F4L. More recently I added the RF 100-500L.

But the EF 24-105 F4L remains my walk around lens most of the time. However, I once met someone whose walk around lens was an EF 400 F5.6L

So much depends on what subjects and situations you are most interested in.
Thank you, I will definitely go that route. I want to get comfortable with the camera and later expand my lenses. :)

Welcome Mimi and thank you for joining up here too! :) The 70-200 f2.8 would be well suited to those sports and it's more compact than than the RF 100-500 so that would also make travelling with it a little nicer. But if you need the reach then the 100-500 is a very nice lens.

Welcome Mimi and thank you for joining up here too! :) The 70-200 f2.8 would be well suited to those sports and it's more compact than than the RF 100-500 so that would also make travelling with it a little nicer. But if you need the reach then the 100-500 is a very nice lens.
Thanks, I'm definitely leaning towards the 70-200 f2.8. I think it will be a good rf lens to start with.

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back