Hello! I'm a newbie here! Iceland Workshop Recommendations??

BRPhotography

Newcomer
Followers
Following
Name
Ben Robinson
Hello Everyone,

My name is Ben Robinson and I am new to the RF Shooters group. I am from the great Pacific Northwest, specifically Washington state. I've been shooting landscape photography for the past 6 years and currently using the Canon EOS R. I look forward to connecting, learning and maybe finding a few folks to go shoot with.

My first question to the group is this: I am looking to go to Iceland in December or Jan/Feb '23. Has anyone done a workshop there? Do you have any recommendations for a first rate experience?

I look forward to your responses. Have a great week!

Welcome to the group. I don’t know of any workshops there but Iceland is a great place for landscape photography - just be prepared for very changeable weather and lots of drifting spray from some of the waterfalls!

Welcome to the group. I don’t know of any workshops there but Iceland is a great place for landscape photography - just be prepared for very changeable weather and lots of drifting spray from some of the waterfalls!
Thanks Graham! It will be a challenge for sure.

I went on a wildlife photography trip a couple of years ago but not until May and then the snow had only just melted in most places!
Depends on what you want to photograph and where. Should be good for the Northern Lights on the north coast.
I'm not sure how easy it is to get around if there is snow on the ground as to passable the roads are.
Must admit I'd love to go back but it does tend to be a tad expensive.

Thanks of rthe input Dave. I really appreciate you responding.

Hello Everyone,

My name is Ben Robinson and I am new to the RF Shooters group. I am from the great Pacific Northwest, specifically Washington state. I've been shooting landscape photography for the past 6 years and currently using the Canon EOS R. I look forward to connecting, learning and maybe finding a few folks to go shoot with.

My first question to the group is this: I am looking to go to Iceland in December or Jan/Feb '23. Has anyone done a workshop there? Do you have any recommendations for a first rate experience?

I look forward to your responses. Have a great week!
Hi Ben!
Welcome to the group. I have been to Iceland twice and taken two short landscape workshops. I can't comment much on the first one because the leader of the workshop had a medical emergency and we ended up just being shuttled around by a local to the places he would have taken us, just no "instruction". The second one was with an Aussie named Jarrod Castaing and it was a great experience. We went in the beginning of March and were up early and stayed up late, saw some auroras and got some great shots. It was only 4 days and it was exhausting. I would definitely recommend him.

If you have no issues with spending lots of money I do hear that Tony Sweet does a great workshop, but he tends to go in the warmer weather and I have heard he shoots a lot for himself while he is leading the workshop.

I hope this helps.

Hello Hali,

Thank you for responding and thank you for the information! I've ended up booking 7 days and 8 nights with Scarp Thiansson at Arctic Exposure. Leaving December 1st and back tp the States on the 10th. I look forward to being exhausted, lol.

Hello Hali,

Thank you for responding and thank you for the information! I've ended up booking 7 days and 8 nights with Scarp Thiansson at Arctic Exposure. Leaving December 1st and back tp the States on the 10th. I look forward to being exhausted, lol.
That sounds like a good length of time! Enjoy, look forward to seeing them after you go.

Welcome Ben and thanks for joining up here! I've not been to Iceland myself so can't recommend any workshops there I'm afraid. Would love to get there one day! Any questions about the site here please don't hesitate to ask.

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back