Pro Member
Followers
Following
Name
Ted the Tog
City/State
Cornwall, UK
Hi all.

I'm an ancient keen amateur who has just bought his first R series camera, the R6. I'm still learning how to get round it and must confess I'm not doing a very good job. I got a BR-E1 remote today and I just cannot get the thing pairing with the camera. I know it is me not understanding some of the hoops I need to jump through to get there but I will get there in the end, I hope. I'm sure my time here will be spent asking more questions than providing answers but as I get used to the camera I'm bound to bung a few of the results up to be politely commented on.

I've been taking photos most of my life, had Canon since the 1970s, got a 5D and a 7D, three L series lenses that are awaiting the adapter so they can be used on the R6 and have now bought an RF mount 85mm macro so I can start using the camera before the global shortage of adapters is resolved.

I enjoy little local photo safaris around Cornwall but as my eyesight is not good enough for me to drive I'm a bit restricted. It would be good to get to know other local photographers though to swap ideas, compare results, even share muses and gossip.

Ted M

Welcome Ted and thank you for joining up here and introducing yourself. If you have any questions about the site here please don't hesitate to ask. I'm not local to Cornwall unfortunately, I do wish I lived a little closer to the coast!

Welcome Ted and thank you for joining up here and introducing yourself. If you have any questions about the site here please don't hesitate to ask. I'm not local to Cornwall unfortunately, I do wish I lived a little closer to the coast!
Hi Timothy and thank you for your greeting. I may yet have plenty of technical questions yet, the first one being aimed at Canon direct tomorrow when I ask them why I don't have the menu options to update Firmware in my camera. I hope I get the chance to compare the options I have got throughout the menu system with those in the advanced manual and I'll make a note of all that are missing.

Now I no longer drive it has been an age since I've been to the coast but I did get to some local woods to shoot some bluebells yesterday. I'm still waiting for my lens adapter so I took the onlt RF lens I have, the f2 85mm macro, and I must say I'm very disappointed with the shots I got. Very little was anything like in satisfactory focus. It looks like the adapter is still a couple of months away so I'll just have to be patient to see if it was me or the camera / lens. No bluebells by then but there is a stunning field for poppies we aim to head to.

Thanks again.

Ted

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back