marineboy

Newcomer
Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Name
Nick Murphy
I go back a long way. First camera my dad’s Praktica, then moved on to Olympus OM10, then to a succession of Canons, ending up a few years back with the 5D. Mirrorless really excited me and I ditched Canon and went into Fujifilm, first XT1 then 3. But then I got a bit bored with photography for some reason, but reading about the R7 and in particular its amazing autofocus convinced me to get back into it so I took the plunge and bought it with the 18-150 a week ago. I’ll be mainly using it for family, landscapes and birds, and so far I am mightily impressed. The ‘kit’ lens is much better than expected and I have the 100-400 on order. Hoping to pick up some tips from this community.

Welcome Nick and thanks for joining up here and introducing yourself. Glad to hear that you are enjoying the R7! I have the R5 but really wish it had the pre-shooting feature of the R7 since it’s great for catching birds taking off. If you have questions about this forum please don’t hesitate to ask.

Welcome to the forum, Nick.

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back