Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Name
Steve Swindles
City/State
Stockton on Tees
An introduction hmmm let me think, I would class myself as an enthusiastic amateur and have used Canon for many years now the first being a 450D and prior to that I used to shoot film. I progressed from there with the 7D mk2 then the 5D mk4 before going mirrorless with the EOS R, now I have the R5 and all my glass is RF apart from one ranging from15-35 through to 100-500 oh and the 800mm F11. The other lens I have is the EF 24mm TSE which I use with the adapter mainly for architectural or real estate.

The plan is that when I retire in 18 months time I will have everything that I need to enjoy my passion, genres include portrait, landscape, architecture, real estate and aircraft. I look forward to enjoying the info and chat that will be on here.

Welcome Steve and thanks for joining up here and introducing yourself! Sounds like you have a nice collection for your retirement already! :) Which lens do you prefer using between the 100-500 and 800?

Welcome Steve and thanks for joining up here and introducing yourself! Sounds like you have a nice collection for your retirement already! :) Which lens do you prefer using between the 100-500 and 800?
I prefer the 100-500 as you are not restricted by light as much, but I do enjoy the results from the 800 in good light.

Bought the 800 out of curiosity

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back