Newcomer
Followers
Following
Name
Ken
Hi all.
I am an enthusiast stills photographer.
I live in Johannesburg, South Africa.

I enjoy several genres of photography – my latest preference being on-stage ballet and dance.

A bit of history:
My first camera was a Canon A1, then a Canon New F1.
I switched to digital in 2006, buying a Canon 20D, upgraded to 30D, then to a Canon 5D Mk2, and currently have a 5D Mk4.
I went mirror less in July last year with a EOS R7. I would have gone for an R6 or R5 but South Africa has a terrible exchange rate of 19 Rand to $1. But some day I hope to add a full frame.

I must say I have been very impressed with the R7 and the APS-C sensor. On-stage ballet lighting can be very dramatic and the R7 has pleasantly surprised me. I only have one RF lens at the moment, a RF 24-105 f4L. I use an adapter with my other EF lenses.

My preferred software is Lightroom.

Welcome Ken and thanks for joining up here. I'm looking forward to seeing some of your ballet and dance shots! Please let me know if you have any questions about the forum here. Have a great weekend too! :)

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back