Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Name
Jake Kurdsjuk
City/State
Washington, NJ
I finally found myself in the same place as a hummingbird with the R7. Light wasn't great and I found the autofocus jumped a lot, sometimes grabbing the eye, sometimes not. I was shooting with the electronic shutter and about 1/3 of the photos showed signs of rolling shutter, which is more than I've experienced with the R5, but the pixel density is greater on the R7 so likely explains it.

R70_2681-Edit-copy.jpg
  • Canon EOS R7
  • 500.0 mm
  • ƒ/7.1
  • 1/2500 sec
  • ISO 3200

R70_2698-Edit-copy.jpg
  • Canon EOS R7
  • 500.0 mm
  • ƒ/7.1
  • 1/2500 sec
  • ISO 3200

R70_2747-Edit-copy.jpg
  • Canon EOS R7
  • 500.0 mm
  • ƒ/7.1
  • 1/2500 sec
  • ISO 4000

R70_2755-Edit-copy.jpg
  • Canon EOS R7
  • 500.0 mm
  • ƒ/7.1
  • 1/2500 sec
  • ISO 4000

R70_2754-Edit-copy.jpg
  • Canon EOS R7
  • 500.0 mm
  • ƒ/7.1
  • 1/2500 sec
  • ISO 4000

Great... Just fyi in case you have not heard of them..I follow Jan Werner and Glenn Bartley on YouTube, they have a bird photography show and Glenn has just released a book on hummingbirds

Great... Just fyi in case you have not heard of them..I follow Jan Werner and Glenn Bartley on YouTube, they have a bird photography show and Glenn has just released a book on hummingbirds
I follow Jan on YouTube. Having switched from Nikon DSLRs to an R5, Jan was one of the people I started watching to better understand how the camera needs to be set up for wildlife. The back and forth of the show with Glenn can be annoying for me at times, but there are always nuggets hidden away. Still better than Fro. LOL

I follow Jan on YouTube. Having switched from Nikon DSLRs to an R5, Jan was one of the people I started watching to better understand how the camera needs to be set up for wildlife. The back and forth of the show with Glenn can be annoying for me at times, but there are always nuggets hidden away. Still better than Fro. LOL
Jan Wegener & Duade Paton are the ones I follow on YouTube. I just started birding in February and they've given me a great wealth of information to start with.

Jan can be a bit monotone, but he's really good and I enjoy his solo content. I agree that the back & forth on the show with Glenn is annoying, but it's informative at times. I don't watch it regularly.

Fro. Ugh. Just no. :ROFLMAO:

There is also the guy from Whistling Wings Photography in Florida. I have watched his setup of the R5 and some of his videos. I also like Jan Wegner, and will look up Duade Paton. And yes Fro..no

Duade is very good and I think I get more from him in one sitting than the others. I can take Fro in small doses..always learn something.

Looking great to me.

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back