Tim
City/State
Shropshire
CC Welcome
  1. Yes
There are two options to upload images here:

1. Direct uploads to the Media Gallery
2. Upload as attachments to Forum Posts

I'll cover the steps next but first just a quick note on our image display tool InstaView. Images uploaded to the Media Gallery are also displayed in InstaView (apart from private albums). Images uploaded as attachments in the niche forums (wildlife, landscape etc) are also automatically mirrored into their respective categories in the Media Gallery, which in-turn means they are also displayed in InstaView. If you don't want your forum image attachments to be mirrored into the Media Gallery, then you can disable this in your account preferences, this also stops them from displaying in InstaView.

Direct uploads to the Media Gallery

If you just want to share an image quickly then the best option is to upload it to the Media Gallery. Here are the steps:

1. At the top of the site the + (create) button is always visible. Clicking on this reveals a menu with two choices: Add Media to Gallery or Post a Forum Thread.

create-button.jpg

2. Clicking the "Add media" option brings up the media category selection screen. Select the category that best matches your image, or you can use "other genres" if you don't feel that it fits in any of the pre-defined categories. You can also create a personal album if you wish.

media-categories.jpg

3. Clicking a category will bring up the upload file box. You can upload one or multiple files here.

upload-files.jpg

4. When you image/s have finished upload, you can give them a title and description.

title-and-description.jpg

5. Now just click save and you're done.

The maximum resolution we support in the Media Gallery is 2048px, images larger than this will be automatically resized. For Pro Members we support up to 4000px.

Upload as Attachment to Forum Posts

If you prefer to to provide more details and discussion around your images, then it will be better to create a thread/post in the relevant forum. There are a number of niche specific forums to choose from, and also camera model specific forums. Here are the steps:

1. In your chosen forum you'll find a post editor. At the bottom of the editor there is a button to upload images. Click this button and select the images that you want to upload (only jpeg file types are currently supported).

upload-forum-images.jpg

2. You should now see your image. I'd recommend placing your cursor where you'd like the image to be inserted before the next step. Once this is done click the "insert" button on the image itself, this will display two options: thumbnail or full.

insert-images.jpg

If you are uploading a lot of images you might prefer to use thumbnails. Once published clicking the thumbnails will still open the larger image. But you also insert the full-size image if you prefer.

thumb-or-full-size.jpg

3. Once that is done and you are happy with your post simply click the "Post Thread / Reply" button.

The maximum resolution we support for image uploads as attachments is 2048px. Images larger than this will be automatically resized.

If you insert full-sized images then the EXIF data (camera, lens, exposure settings) if present in your file will be displayed below your images. This can be turned off in your account preferences.

If you have any questions about this just drop a message below.

Last edited:
I can't see an option to rearrange the order of photos in an album. Is it possible?

• Admin
I can't see an option to rearrange the order of photos in an album. Is it possible?
No I'm afraid it's not possible to rearrange the order of photos in a personal album. They are arranged based on the date/time that they are uploaded.

For the past few weeks I have tried to upload images but am thwarted with message "Oops, server error, please try later". I don't think the problem is at my end as I have no problems uploading to YouPic, Alamy, Facebook etc. Any ideas?

• Admin
For the past few weeks I have tried to upload images but am thwarted with message "Oops, server error, please try later". I don't think the problem is at my end as I have no problems uploading to YouPic, Alamy, Facebook etc. Any ideas?
There is an issue when images are uploaded that have been edited in certain programs like DXO. It seems to add some additional EXIF data which breaks things. Hopefully our developer can sort it out pretty soon but if you really want to upload these images then stripping the EXIF should work. Sorry for the inconvenience!

• Admin
Can you try uploading again and see if that works. Thanks!

There is an issue when images are uploaded that have been edited in certain programs like DXO. It seems to add some additional EXIF data which breaks things. Hopefully our developer can sort it out pretty soon but if you really want to upload these images then stripping the EXIF should work. Sorry for the inconvenience!

Can you try uploading again and see if that works. Thanks!
Ok, that works!

Newbie here with a few questions.

Can you link to other site, like Flickr, with BBcode? I participate on some other forums with different size limitations and using Flickr as a primary host is very convenient. But I have no problem with direct uploads.

I assume the 2048px means 2048 on the long side. Correct?

Thanks.

• Admin
Hey Ken,

Yes you can insert images hosted over on Flickr. Just use the insert media icon which is next to the smilies icon in the toolbar.

The only real disadvantage is that the metadata won't be displayed beneath the image like it is when uploaded directly (provided image is inserted as full-size and not thumbnail).

Yes 2048px is the long side.

Hope that helps!
Tim

Hey Ken,

Yes you can insert images hosted over on Flickr. Just use the insert media icon which is next to the smilies icon in the toolbar.

The only real disadvantage is that the metadata won't be displayed beneath the image like it is when uploaded directly (provided image is inserted as full-size and not thumbnail).

Yes 2048px is the long side.

Hope that helps!
Tim
Very helpful. Thanks

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back