Is anyone here shooting with R5/Sigma 60-600mm like me?

View Latest Canon RF Lens Deals At: B&H Photo

Tappa

Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Name
Gary Truchelut
This is the story: A year ago or so, I wanted to purchase the R5 but it just wasn't in the budget. I had enough cash to purchase the 60-600mm lens and that's what I did. At the time my main camera was the 1DX and my backup was the 1D mkIV so the 60-600 seemed like a great choice. I certainly don't regret purchasing this lens but as luck would have it my 1DX bit the dust and no parts were available for repair. It took some talking on my part to convince my wife that I really needed the R5, so I ordered it along with the lens adapter. At first, I had to figure out what set up to use on the camera and then try to get the lens to work well with it. I updated the camera and lens firmware and it finally came together after many test shots in different situations. Now I couldn't be happier. The lens works very well and is fast to focus and
20230126-_E7A9199.jpg
  • Canon EOS R5
  • 60-600mm F4.5-6.3 DG OS HSM | Sports 018
  • 600.0 mm
  • ƒ/6.3
  • 1/1000 sec
  • ISO 3200
20230116-_E7A8774.jpg
  • Canon EOS R5
  • 60-600mm F4.5-6.3 DG OS HSM | Sports 018
  • 600.0 mm
  • ƒ/9
  • 1/1000 sec
  • ISO 2000
tack sharp.

Hi, great shots. I got the RP in Jan 23 then 4 weeks ago the R6m2. On the weekend I attended to a local store event. Yesterday I ordered the 60-600 HSM version for a very good price. Hope it will be shipped until tomorrow. Can't wait to go for a walk with it. My longest until now is the EF 70-300. Should make a big dif.

Best regards,
Michael

Hi, great shots. I got the RP in Jan 23 then 4 weeks ago the R6m2. On the weekend I attended to a local store event. Yesterday I ordered the 60-600 HSM version for a very good price. Hope it will be shipped until tomorrow. Can't wait to go for a walk with it. My longest until now is the EF 70-300. Should make a big dif.

Best regards,
Michael
You will be very impressed with the range and sharpness. Just take your time to develop the settings that work best for you in any given situation. Glad luck and let us see some images. Youtube is your friend when it comes to setting up your camera.

Hi,

this will be my fist Sigma ever, and I odered the USB connector as well.
Any suggestions what to set in the software to work properly on the R6 Mark II??

I will do soccer games and wildlife birds.

BR,

Michael

When you receive your lens follow the instructions and update the firmware. It should include the R6 if they have added it to the list of cameras that it will work with. They usually update fairly frequently. Also update your camera's firmware as it will need to include the lens in it's list. As far as settings on the lens, I shoot with OS set to 1 for stationary subjects and 2 for subjects in motion, set the focus range to 6m- infinity and focus to MO which gives manual focus priority over auto focus, but still will auto focus. I hope you really enjoy the new lens as much as I have. Hear is an image I took in my backyard with the Sigma last year shortly after purchasing the R5.

Attachments

• 1DXL9817.jpg
    1DXL9817.jpg
    724.3 KB · Views: 35
All up to date and working well so far. Just did some test from my balcony.
1000005055.jpg
  • OnePlus 10 Pro 5G
  • OnePlus 10 Pro 5G back camera 6.06mm f/1.8
  • 6.1 mm
  • ƒ/1.8
  • 1/66 sec
  • ISO 80

View Latest Canon RF Lens Deals At: B&H Photo

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back