Let me introduce myself…

gossamer88

Newcomer
Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
It was last year that I finally bought into the R system. Actually it was late August. I had a 5D4/7D2 that I was very happy with. They were approximately 4 years old. Then the announcement came in July and my GAS was lit! I went for the R6 as a early bday present to myself. What a HUGE mistake that was. Not because the R6 was terrible, but because the EOS R to RF adapters were nowhere to be found! And I was not ready to buy RF lenses yet. It went unused for a couple of weeks, so back it went.

Then in November B&H had a used adapter for $75. I grabbed it like it was gold! Needless to say I also re-bought the R6. Loved it! In March I then bought the R5. Hindsight being 20/20 I should have from the beginning. I sold the R6 to a wedding photographer and of course took a bit of loss. I chalk it up to renting the R6 for 4-months.

Why did I sell the R6? I simply crop too much and that was something I had no issues on the 5D4/7D2 (which I sold to offset the cost). The R5 is 17MP when shooting in crop mode. So its like having a 7D2 built-in LOL Not to mention a built-in TC.

I now have the 800 F11 as well as the RF 24-240 (a surprisingly great walk-around lens). I would love to get the RF 100-500 mostly for the weight savings and of course the extra reach. But for now I will make due with my 100-400 II and Sigma 150-600 C LOL

Thanks for joining up here and introducing yourself. Those extra megapixels that the R5 delivers are very useful for cropping, especially for wildlife. I'd really struggle with less pixels now. How do you like the RF 800 F11? If you have any questions about the site here please don't hesitate to ask

Thanks for joining up here and introducing yourself. Those extra megapixels that the R5 delivers are very useful for cropping, especially for wildlife. I'd really struggle with less pixels now. How do you like the RF 800 F11? If you have any questions about the site here please don't hesitate to ask
Love the 800 F11. Not only for its reach but weight savings. Of course you need plenty of light. I shoot in Auto ISO anyways so not a problem for me. And when there is a problem...Topaz DeNoise AI to the rescue! Below is an example of a high ISO...

Attachments

• 826A3837.jpg
    826A3837.jpg
    271.4 KB · Views: 25
Welcome along :) I'm considering an R5 at some point to have that crop ability, but for now, I'm not struggling with the R6 and suitable lenses.

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back