Followers
Following
Name
Peter Blacket
City/State
Australia
CC Welcome
  1. Yes
Guessing when you put adapter ring on then add a filter it maybe not be possible to use lens hood?

I guess it would depend on each filter system design/lens and lens hood design.

Kase offers a magnetic lens hood to go with their filter system.

There is also a discussion on Fred Miranda's forum that might be some good information for you. There are some pictures of Sony lenses with the Sony lens hood used in conjunction with a magnetic filter. There are also some Tamron lens examples as well. I didn't see any RF lenses though. You have to scroll down about halfway in the thread to find the relevant info. https://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1731459/0

I personally do not own a magnetic filter system yet, but I have been doing a bit of self-educating on them to decide if they are right for me.

Guessing when you put adapter ring on then add a filter it maybe not be possible to use lens hood?
Hi Peter,

I think it will depend on the system. We have some (relatively) cheapo/ lightweight K&F Concept ones (which @77mm cover our EF16-35, RF24-105, RF70-200 and RF100-500 lenses) and with these in place we still get to use the lens hoods.

Phil

Last edited:

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back